Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bug Bites and Drama in my Life (again)

So Chaela is teething, she's drooling and chewing on everything she can. Including Kristin. Hahaha!



Now for the newest drama in my own personal soap opera. The city of Orem is trying to evict us! Yes, it's true. Apparently there's a city ordinance against two families sharing a home unless you're on some kind of list. Unfortunately, the list was closed in 2004. Absolutely idiotic. So for a few days we were thinking of moving to TN, but Jason and Jana have advised against it. So here we are still, on the condition that Will starts school in the summer. That's the only way I'll stay, because I HATE Utah. Five years is five years too long. Anyways, now we have to go fight the city if we want to stay here. The dumb thing is that we're not even hurting anyone by being here. We're quiet, good neighbors, and we don't even park on the street for goodness sake! I'm pretty angry, so I can't talk about it, because I'll start ranting. However, since the law is pointless, I'll just keep asking why until they give in and let us stay. I'll keep you all posted on how it's going. Pray for us. This would happen this semester. Love you all!

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh, goodness! That's dreadful. You've got a place in my prayers. Be strong. And if you move somewhere in the South, please make it close to Virginia so that I can visit you more easily. (I'm selfishly trying to consolidate people in Virginia and it seems to be working, bwahahahaha.)

Maya said...

What a silly law! :-( You guys are in our prayers!

Justin Ferrell said...

Well that stinks. I hope everything works out for you though!

Jason said...

I hope you guys can do something to stay there. And I don't completely advise against moving here--although it's not the greatest place to live, it'd be fun to live close to you guys again!

Jana said...

Yeah, I don't want you to think we DON'T want you near us, it's just that Memphis is, well, Memphis. I hope Orem figures out how cool you guys are.