Saturday, December 6, 2008

Power a Smile

This is something really nice I found on Oden's blog (thanks, Tiffany!). If you upload a photo to the Duracell website, they'll donate a dollar! Here's the official thing:

There’s nothing better than seeing a smile on a child’s face as they power up a gift for the first time. Except, perhaps, giving that child the chance to share their joy with kids where they need it most: children’s hospitals. And that’s just what the Duracell® Power A Smile campaign was all about.Last holiday season, Duracell invited parents and kids to power smiles around the country. When parents uploaded a photo of their child, Duracell donated a dollar to the Mattel Children's Hospital at UCLA and other children's hospitals across the country to power another child's smile. Every photo donation went toward the children's critical needs as well as batteries for their toys.
The season was one of the brightest thanks to those who care so much about kids. And after all, that’s what the holidays are all about. Of all the things a battery can power, nothing is better than powering a smile.To share this site with family and friends, copy and paste this link!
http://www.powerasmile.com/


I uploaded Chaela's today (12/6) so click that button if you want to search for it. It's a lot like the one we have on top of our blog. I don't think it's up exactly right now, but it should be soon! Also look for my cousin's son, Oden on 12/5 (he's the brown-eyed cutie in the Santa hat).
For my friends without children, I noticed a few pictures on the site of adults, too. I don't think it matters too much, because we're all some one's kids!
I just wanted to share this because I thought that it was an easy way to do a tiny bit of good this holiday season. I'm so glad it's Christmas time!


Oh, and I guess I should officially announce that we're moving out of UT. Most of you know, but some might not. We're planning on leaving Dec. 17th in the morning and driving to OH, probably to arrive sometime late on the 18th. We'll be in Chicago for Christmas and then back in OH for New Year's. Our plan from there is to try and find jobs and a place to live in Memphis, TN, where Will's brother Jason and his family live. I'm excited/sad to be closing this chapter of my life. Mostly excited. I think I worked out all the sadness the last two times I thought I was graduating.
So to our UT and ID friends, we'll miss you. To our friends back east, we'll see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That picture is super cute!! I am so looking forward to seeing you here soon! I am sure that the move is going to be hard since you've been in utah for so long, but it will be an exciting time as well, and now you won't be on the other side of the country!

xoxo