Thursday, January 22, 2009

Finally Some Pictures! (Part 1)

Well, here are some pictures of what we've been doing for the past month! The first one is from the drive out to OH, it's the bridge over the IL River. Then there are some from Christmas, which was spent in OH/Chicago, meaning we opened presents Christmas Eve morning, spent Christmas Eve with the Jordan side, then spent Christmas Day with the McFarland side. Lots of fun! Before all that, though, we spent a week or so in Columbus with my family just relaxing.


Chaela with Will's grandma. We enjoyed seeing them before we left UT!


The Bi-annual (whenever we're all home that year) Gingerbread House Contest! Traditional teams Kristin-Jordan and Caitlyn-Lindsay competed this year, along with newcomers William-Jacob. It is clear that Caitlyn-Lindsay won by a landslide, haha.

Will and Jacob's house was actually a Christmas tree, which they frosted by literally pouring frosting over it. Delicious.

Winners!!

Jacob spent much time napping, and Kristin spent much time making strange faces at the camera.

'Twas the night before Christmas (Eve)... I love my parents' house at Christmas.

Be afraid?

Christmas Eve morning my mom made biscuits and gravy. Mmmmmm.

One of Kristin's favorite parts of Christmas is adapting traditional carols. "Oh Kristin-tree, oh Kristin-tree..." is one of her best.

Lindsay is also one for strange faces.

Chaela helping Grandpa Doug open his Shop Vac thing.


Haha. Because Will is so good at guessing, I wrapped the Dark Knight movie I got him in a shoebox, put in this book, a 3 pound weight, and padded it with tissue paper. Woo hoo! I actually surprised him this year! Usually he picks up a box and goes, "it's a blah blah blah," and he's always right!

Anyways, I was going to do all the pictures now, but they're going to have to wait, because I have to watch the Office now. Also coming soon: a map of our travels! Exciting!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Is that Gretel in that one picture in the kitchen?!?! I cannot believe she is still around, but so is my 20 year old cat Webster....crazyness!

I like the pictures....and I miss going to your house and cooking food and your dad yelling at us for painting our nails in the basement on his furniture...lol

Kristin said...

You and Lindsay did not win you weirdo! Just because you write 1st place on your silly piece of cardboard... Lies. Jordan and I win without question. I don't know how you couldn't see... Snowmen threw up in our backyard come on!