Now that I have kids myself, I'm reminded of a whole host of things I used to do... and still don't feel too old for.
1. Play in the sprinklers. I know exactly why I haven't done this recently... it has something to do with what my body looks like after having two kids.
2. Color in coloring books. I've been doing a lot more of this lately, thanks to Chaela. I've also noticed in places like church that half the time it's parents coloring in coloring books, not kids. Kids are just an excuse.
3. Play with blocks or play dough. My dad, Jordan, and Will are also guilty of this. We always start out playing with Chaela, but at some point she wanders on to the next thing... and sometimes we don't.
4. Catching crawdads in a creek. We don't have one, and haven't since we moved to Ohio, but if we did, you can bet some of my "mommy time" would be spent wading barefoot through the water, pants rolled up, a bucket in one hand and a stick in the other, because that's what I used. We didn't have fancy things like nets when I was a kid.
5. Playing on a playground. Hey, some of the stuff they have these days is just cool, like the new playground at Victory Park. I don't have any pictures, but trust me, it's not the same stuff we had when we were kids. It's the "big kid" side, though, so I have to wait until Chaela's a little older to have an excuse to climb on it...
I'll never be too old for some things.
So what kids of things did you do as a kid that you'd still do, given the chance?


3 comments:
Play Barbies :) sigh, that was my fave!!!!
I've noticed that most adults tend to sit in chairs and the kids are left with the floor, but lately all I want to do is sit on the floor when I'm doing anything.
Climb trees and play with My Little Ponies!! I HAVE to have a girl at some point so I can have an excuse to buy them! Kim W.
Post a Comment