Sunday, February 6, 2011

First Draft Complete!

Well, as of 2:30 am, my first complete draft of a novel is FINISHED!  It's been a crazy, intense month spent working on it, but it's done.

I wrote a freaking book.

78,904 words, 390 pages in Courier New font, double spaced, one inch margins.  If published, it would probably translate into something like 340-360 pages.

I can't believe I wrote a freaking book.

Not that it's done yet, I still have a ton of work to do, most of which will involve adding several characters to the beginning that I invented towards the end, cleaning things up, checking for consistency, and adding a more detail.

But I wrote a book, and I'm dang proud of that, even if nothing ever comes of it.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

That's awesome Caitlyn!!!! You've always been a talented writer so I'm sure its not a big deal for you to write a stinking book ;)

Unknown said...

Hoot Raw! Way to go! =) I am so excited to read it when it gets published!

Caroline said...

You're so awesome! I'm very proud of you.

Jana said...

Wow, awesome! You are doing so well with your goals...book, weight loss...what a mighty woman!

Kristin said...

You are amazing. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read it! (hint hint)
-Ellen