Joci turned one on April 20th this year, making her close to 13 and 1/2 months now. She's not walking, but she does pull up and cruise, so I'm still holding out hope it will happen eventually. I've decided one of the things I'm going to do is work on it with her, because part of me wonders if she doesn't walk because I carry her everywhere. I'm not too worried about it, though the pediatrician did say they might want to look into it if she isn't walking by 15 months, so my goal is to have her on her feet by then. We'll see.
What Joci
does do is communicate. Her favorite way to do this is an obnoxious scream that sounds like 500 nails on a chalkboard. However, she also says a few words:
Hi!
Mama
Dad
Uh-oh
Ki (kitty)
She signs for:
All done
I want that (it's the milk sign, which we taught her for bottle, and she decided meant "I want")
She also nods her head yes and no, but I'm not sure if she's quite got the point of it yet.
She
might be saying:
Sha! (Chaela)
Buh (Blankie)
Ba (drink, the ba sound coming from "bottle")
Yaya (Love you)
She'll repeat a word if you ask her (not perfectly of course), which I think is pretty cool.
So that's our Joci. She's such a fun girl! I a little high maintenance, maybe, but when she smiles, she can light up a whole room.
1 comment:
I loved how she was flirting with Andrew the other day! She is such a doll and seems like a totally different kid than Chaela, but that's just what I think. Only now, as much as you probably hate hearing this, I think she's starting to look more like Will. At first I thought she looked like you and now I don't know!
Post a Comment