Friday, July 29, 2011

Resolution 2011 Mid-year Update

It's been a while since I blogged about my three New Year's resolutions.  Yes, I still remember them.  Here is an update (I don't remember which order they were in):

1. Lose an average of 1 pound a week for a total of 52 pounds:

I'm not sure how this one is going, because we don't currently own a scale.  Let's just say I'm not as slender as I should be by now.  However, I lost some weight and will keep this as a goal.  Even if I don't get to 52 pounds, anything is better than nothing!


2. Move out of my parents' basement.

Check.  For those of you who didn't notice, we moved.  To Utah.


3. Submit something, anything, for publication.

This is another goal not achieved YET, but I think this one is coming along.  A summary: throughout the month of January I completed a first draft of a novel with approximately 75,000 words.  My initial goal was to send the manuscript to agents or publishers by my birthday (April 6th, I like chocolate).  Fail.  First of all, I got lazy, second, I got thrown off by the move.  Will was gone for a month, I had to pack everything, excuse, excuse, blah, blah, blah.
Anyway, we're settled here now and I'm out of excuses.  I haven't written much recently, but I didn't stop thinking about my story.  Trust me, it's better now.
I've also discovered a gem of a thing called AutoCrit, an online editing tool that tells you when your writing sucks.  (Statistical analysis, yay! .)  Not that this will help with any major problems, but now the final product will be super shiny.  I'm very excited.


How are you all doing on your resolutions?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I wanted to loose weight and that's not going to well. My work schedule is so erratic and my motivation is TERRIBLE! I have been able to maintain a more positive attitude and spend more time with family though which is good.

Miss you lots and lots :)