![]() |
| Kairi Jordan 7 pounds, 6 ounces 20 inches long born at 10:48 am |
I mentioned a while back that this time I was going to be induced, and despite mixed reviews from people who had been through the process we decided to go for it. I'm so glad I did.
We got to the hospital around 6:30 this morning. Both of the other times I've given birth, there's been a long, tedious phase where they monitor you to make sure that you're really in labor, which I hate. This time, however, it was "Oh, and is such-and-so your doctor? Great! Let me show you to your room!" Much nicer.
So we got into our room and hung out for a while, which was fine with me considering there were women here who were in labor for real (I felt a little like an impostor). Then the nurse came in, got me hooked up to the monitors, and started my IV, which included the drug that would start my contractions. Then I dozed. Then sometime between 8:30 and 9:30 I got my epidural. I think I was settled in with it by 9:30, which was perfect timing because it was right around then that I started really being able to feel that I was having some strong contractions. The nurse came in to check me at about 10:30, said I was an 8, and left to get the anesthesiologist because my contractions were getting painful even through the epidural. She hadn't been gone 5 minutes when I called her extension and managed to squeek, "You know, I'm really feeling a lot of pressure!" So she runs in, checks me, grabs the room phone and calls my doctor (whose practice happens to be part of the hospital... convenient) and says, "We need you here. Now." He came running, scrambled to get everything in place, and Kairi was born one contraction later. Even though I was induced, my labor lasted a grand total of three hours. That's a win.
Here are some pictures!
![]() |
| Potentially the last picture ever of me pregnant. |
![]() |
| Finally, a Hair baby with hair! We'll see if it lasts. |
.jpg)
.jpg)




5 comments:
Yay! I love it! I was induced too and let me tell you i loved it! It went so fast and you kind of have an idea when they will be born! Cngrats to you and your cute little family! Btw...you looked GREAT pregnant!
3 hours???? Sign me up. Much better than the 36 I was in labor with Lucy. And that was from me being dilated at a 5! She is beautiful! She looks like a McFarland.
So glad that your induction went well, I've heard bad and good stories with that but I'm sure you're happy to not be pregnant!
Its so cute to me how much alike all of your girls have looked when they were born. Congrats!!!!!!
Congrats!:) Such a cute name! and beautiful baby!! :)
Oh my! I know I'm coming late to this conversation but, oh my! I'm so giddy for you! This sounds like it went awesome, and I hope things are going likewise well still? Oh. Ha, I feel silly because you posted, what...a week ago? But I'm really so excited for you!
Post a Comment