For example, you would rather have a dog you owned look like this
than like this
Correct? Because we want them to be healthy, and we could care less what size doggy sweater they need, if that's your kind of thing. Keeping with the dog example, it is also true that we would never dream of calling this guy fat
because he wasn't as svelte as this guy
because we know that dogs come from different genetic heritages, and to judge what is attractive for one breed by what is attractive for another is just asinine.
So if we're a species that is smart enough to prefer health in pets, why are we so blind when it comes to health in ourselves? Why is the focus on getting skinny instead of attaining our optimum healthy weight?
There's something wrong with that.
On a related note, what's up with this New York mayor and his war on pop? I have a very strong opinion that when it comes to my personal health it's none of the government's business. If I want to drink three extra-jumbo-large Pepsis at every meal, that is my decision. It would be incredibly stupid, but if the reason we allow abortion is the "it's my body" argument (tangent: disagree), I don't see where the government has a leg to stand on trying to tell me I can't have a 24 oz drink, or rather, if I want a larger drink I have to pay for two of them. Ironically, pop and candy are still covered on food stamps. You want to make a difference in the demographic that needs it most? Change that.
Whew. Anyways, I'm sure you guys don't care about my rants. To provide you with the information you're looking for, still no baby. However, if she doesn't show up on her own in the next few days I'm scheduled to be induced in less than a week! Scary and exciting at the same time!





4 comments:
Actually I very much enjoy your rants. This was very thought provoking, and I'm totally with you on the idea that government shouldn't worry so much about how much soda I'm drinking as, oh, maybe figuring out how to lower crime rates, stop illegal drug trafficking, locate a couple of those missing persons and... I mean, if government really is all that concerned with the health and welfare of the people.
And yay for baby coming soon!
Ha ha, thanks Deb! And what good are blogs if we can't rant on them, right? By the way, we should set a date and time for our next get-together and start emailing each other our stuff!
I agree somewhat about the pop thing but someone on the radio here brought up a good point. Almost that whole cup is ice so how much pop are you really getting?!
And I agree that taking junk food off food stamps and even out of schools would help way more than only selling a 16oz drink.
Can't wait to hear about the baby!
Yeah... I heard about that and just rolled my eyes. I do think it's beneficial for government to promote good health, but this comes across as a very superfluous law to me. Oh, a limit on how big our sodas can be? ...How about unlimited refills, then? Such silliness. Wasted time, energy and government resources so someone can feel that they're doing some good. [/rant]
Post a Comment