Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Merida Formal Dress Part 2: Finishing Touches

Most of you probably figured that I finished the main part of Joci's dress when I posted a picture on Facebook and in my last blog post.  However, if you didn't, here is Part 2!

Here's a view of the dress from the back.  I made it lace-up because I'm too lazy/impatient to go to the store and buy a zipper.  The finished muslin/under dress shows beneath at the neck and ends of the sleeves.  It's not supposed to show at the neck, but it doesn't really matter because the wimple (the white thing Merida wears on her head) will cover it.

Here are the fastenings I sewed on today.  Snaps on the under dress and a hook and eye on the dress.

This is what Joci does when I want to take a picture that shows off the dress:

The circlet and wimple.  

Now all that's left for this costume is to have her try on the whole thing!  I'd also like to get my hands on the official bow/arrow/quiver set that Disney makes.  It would really make the costume complete!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the gold on the bottom!

Katie said...

Its okay that its lace up...they didn't have zippers back in the day!