Saturday, January 19, 2013

Something Exciting (but probably not to you guys)!

Thanks to my wonderful writing group buddy Deb, I have discovered something.

My stories have a home!  At least genre-wise.

So I've had this problem that I haven't wanted my stories to be marketed as adult fiction because it just doesn't sell like YA.  Then I was afraid that if I marketed my stuff as YA (young adult, meaning books about teenagers) any agent or publisher who (in my dreams) took me on would tell me I had to change the age of my characters and make them teenagers (they're in their early 20's).

But apparently there is something called New Adult fiction.  Hallelujah!

I know this post probably seems crazy to most of you, but I'm so happy that I have a real, official category I can put on my letter to agents when I start submitting in a few months.  I'm even more excited that it's an up-and-coming kind of category that won't make me change my story!  At least not that part of it.  I really didn't want to write about teenagers.  Not in this story, anyway.

That's all.  I know my writing stuff isn't very exciting to most of my readers.  Someday I'll try to remember what it's like to post something interesting!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I have in the last few years read books for teenagers. And no ire wasn't twilight lol. I'm glad to hear you would have a genre!!!