
One of the assignments for my Advanced English class was to write an article for a children's magazine, and I chose Dig, which is an archaeology magazine for kids between 8 and 14. The catch to the assignment is that we actually have to mail them to the publisher and see if we can get them in the magazines for real. So I worked hard on mine (meaning I actually read the sources instead of skimming) and guess what... my teacher gave it back to me today with this written on it:
"An excellent article. If Dig doesn't buy this, I will help you find another market" SCORE!!!
I'm really excited about this, because if I can get published, I can make up to $500!!! I may have found a job I can do and still work at home!!! I'm so excited! I was thinking about posting the article, but I don't know if anyone will want to read it. If you do, let me know and I'll put it on here and you can give me your feedback! Yay!!!

9 comments:
Hooray for Caitlyn!!!
POST POST POST! Be cautious though; this can be called publishing, so you might want to e-mail people directly instead of posting it. Just a thought.
hooray! that's so exciting! i wouldn't post it on here if i were you. one reason is b/c of what caroline said, but you also don't want it to be plagarized by someone who might find it on a Google search or whatever. i'd love it if you'd email it to me to read though :-)
Alright. I'll email it to anyone who wants it. Just let me know! You can edit it if you want, but it can only be 800 words (and it is, exactly). Also, I'm mailing in the final draft on Friday afternoon.
That is awesome Caitlyn! Great Job!
GO Caitlyn! That's amazing! I wouldn't mind reading it. Good luck with the publishers.
Yay! That is so amazing! You are so talented! I definitely want to read it! Will you email it to me?
I want an e-mail!!!! I like to read!!!!!
That is awesome! I wish you so much luck! I have also thought about freelance writing, but I don't really understand how to get into it and get published. Maybe you could offer me some advice...
I would want to read it to!!! :) Chaela is adorable she is growing up fast Can't wait to see and hold her again!! And Did u get everything worked out with law yet? Love ya tons and hope things are going well for ya!! Love Me!!
Post a Comment