Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Funny Story

Ok, I know I've been posting a lot lately, but here's a funny story of something that happened to me today. I was waiting for Will to pick me up from a final and had wandered down the street and was standing by a stoplight. So people are walking by me crossing the street, and a guy walked by (he looked like a freshman or a very recent RM) and glanced at me and then bent down to tie his shoe... very slowly... until the little red hand came on that means don't walk. Then he stands up, looks around for a few seconds, finally looks at me and says:

"Oh! I missed the light because I had to tie my shoe!"
"I see that," I replied. Not unfriendly; I smiled and laughed a little, too.

Then he said, "I like how your flipflops match your shirt." Both are blue.

"Thanks," I said, still smiling. By this time I know what is going on, so I pull my sleeve up so that my ring is visible and put my hand on my face.

Oblivious. "You just get out of a final?" he asked.

"Yeah, only one more until I graduate!"

"Wow, that's cool." I could tell he was suprised, because I was older than he'd thought. He looked to the parking lot across the street, presumably where his car was located. "So... are you just waiting for someone to come and get you?" I could tell he was about to offer me a ride.

"Yeah," I said, "my husband will be here pretty soon."

He turned around, even though he'd been standing there talking to me almost through another light. "Ok, bye!" And that was the last I saw of him. I didn't even get to tell him I had a six-month-old daughter! Too bad. Oh, how I will miss those brave freshman boys at BYU when I graduate!

3 comments:

Daniel Moroni Hair said...

lol...That is funny caitlyn. At least you don't have to be too uncomfortable for too long now that you have those excuses!

Maya said...

lol. guys crack me up. reminds me of a "face scratch" i had to do when i was engaged. the guy really didn't get the hint and finally one of my friends took him aside. hooray for you just about being done with school! :-)

Amanda said...

thats a good story and I recall you telling me stories like this about boys when you first got to school....and how you wanted me to come out there to find a boyfriend....I found my "I love mormon boys" shirt that you got me the other day....I still adore it :)