Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ode to my Crock Pot

I know I just posted yesterday, but I wanted to say how awesome crock pots are! Probably the easiest way to get delicious food with least effort. Example: Throw in meat, vegetables, and seasoning, and water. Turn it on. 5 hours later lovely falling-apart-tender dinner! Yay!
The only drawback is cooking time, but if you plan ahead a little it's not bad at all. You could put it in before going to work or church and when you come home dinner is completely done! I just barely used mine for (I think) the first time and now I'm hooked. It's the best way to cook for me since I'm fairly busy. Woo hoo crock pots!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Crock pot food is the best, especially in winter. My mom has a whole recipe book with nothing but crock pot stuff....did you know you can make a cake in that thing?!?!? Crazyness I know!

Maya said...

um yes, those are excellent. i use my crockpot for different kinds of meat (roast, pork, etc.) but also to cook beans for soup. instead of buying canned kidney beans for chili, for instance, i soak dried ones overnight and then put them in the crock pot the next morning to soften them up for the soup!

BrookeJean said...

I am with you 100% on this. Unfortunately, I always forget about the planning ahead thing so I hardly ever use mine. It's sad. Really, really sad!

P.s. I found your blog so now I can stalk you! Sweet!

ohiolanges said...

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/video-game-designer.htm


OK - I am way off topic. But Steve is still pondering your future and sent me this link. Check it out and then tell us to stop mothering you to death.

much love,
Anne

p.s. love the crockpot. Wish my family did. There are lots of crockpot blogs out there with great recipes.

Mel said...

Didn't think of this but discovered it at work today: Crock Pots rock at thawing/heating frozen breastmilk or warming a bottle of formula. The bags get thrown away, the bottles can take it, a good pair of tongs and you're set!

My grandma-in-law has a tasty pot roast recipe for the crock pot or the oven, whichever suits. I love it!

Diane said...

I just used my crock pot yesterday! The best french dip you ever had!!! (Or Me in this case!) Plus you don't have to do dishes twice in a row. Clean up after making meal, and then 5-6 hours later clean up (very little) again. LOVE IT!!