Monday, October 6, 2008

I <3 October


Fall has finally arrived, and with it, my favorite month of the year, October! There are a few different reasons that this month is the best:

- Cooler temperatures
- Harvest time! (Apples and fall squash, anyone?)
- Beautiful scenery
- Our Wedding Anniversary
- HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

Here in Utah, the leaves don't put on as much of a show as they do back East, they mostly just turn brown and fall off the trees. On the mountains, though, they turn all sorts of colors for as long as a week or two before they're buried in snow, so that's nice.


Also this month is one of my top 3 holidays, Halloween! Seriously, it falls right after Christmas and Thanksgiving for me, and not by much! I don't know why, probably because I'm a freak of nature who likes to dress up in costumes even though I'm 23. And, as I was just thinking, because Halloween, to me, is a celebration of Fall and harvest time more than Thanksgiving, when it's usually snowing. It's worth celebrating to me, since I LOVE growing things and gardening. This year I don't know if I'll be dressing up, but it's ok, I have a daughter who can wear costumes! I keep telling Will he should wear his kilt, but he won't listen. Haha.


Speaking of Will, our two year anniversary is on the 21st. Yay for two years and NOT being pregnant the second one! Yet. Maybe next year. I'm on an off year from everyone else in the world, haha.

Other than that, of course I have to mention my dad, Diane Walker, Jacob (Buffington), Gemarie, and I think Jake (Will's brother) ALL have birthdays are this month, so Happy Birthday to you guys (and anyone I forgot)!!

As always, to end my post, here are some random pictures of Chaela!




6 comments:

Amanda said...

If you lived in Ohio I would dress up in a costume with you and we could run around town like idiots!! But its probably more fun to dress up Chaela than yourself. I am in Pittsburgh right now and the leaves are starting to change here, I took an amazing fall walk today!! Woohoo October!

BrookeJean said...

I don't know if Ben has called you yet, but we are having a Halloween party with some of my friends from High School and a lot of them have little kids so it's a time to have them dress up. Anyway, You guys are VERY welcome to come. It's clear up in Ogden at my mom's so if you don't want to drive that far that's understandable. I just wanted to make sure you knew it was a possibility. It's on the 24th around 6:30. There will be food and games and all sorts of things. If Ben hasn't called you yet with more info, he'll be calling you soon! :)

Diane said...

2nd on the list is not as good as first, but I guess I'll take it seeing as how I was only trumped by your dad! I love October too! this post made me want to post my Ode to October, maybe I will....

Katie said...

Ha Ha, your dad is 50 today! I love October too! I am keeping my eyes out for a sincere pumpkin patch aready! I want to see the great pumpkin with my own eyes! I think you should dress up with chaela and will should wear his kilt! You need a family picture!

Jana said...

I, too, love teh fall! Yay for October! It's also my favorite time of year. Oh yeah, and I'm amazed that Chaela is WALKING. Good for her! Your world will never be the same again.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes!! October is my favorite as well!! Eric also as his birthday 6 days after me!!