Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Our Halloween this year was quiet, but nice. The day started out like most here at our apartment, with Chaela ripping something up and eating it. Luckily, this time it was edible. Unfortunately for me, however (those were MY Sandies), Chaela decided it was a good idea to sample each one before actually eating any. Thus she picked one up, sucked on it, and dropped it. Then she picked up a second, sucked on it, and dropped it. This continued for a while. Finally she chose one. Very good, Chaela. I'm glad to know you enjoyed it. Ha ha.

Then more of our usual since having Will home. Daddy-daughter gaming time! Yes, in her own little camp chair with her own "special" (i.e., not plugged in) controller.
You know, when I found out I was having a girl, I was happy. "At least she won't be a gamer," I said to myself. If only I had known then what I know now...


This is her sitting on our stoop. At 5:00 pm on Halloween I started carving the pumpkins. Will didn't want to do one this year, but I insisted there be one for each person. So I carved them all myself. Well, I cheated with Chaela's and painted a spider on it, but I'm pretty sure it was too small to carve anyway.



Yay for carved pumpkins and fake spiderwebs! Yay for Halloween!

Finally it was time to put on the lovely princess dress and go Trick or Treating!! It was a little short-lived; we only knocked on three doors because she's so little and doesn't care anyway. Also she was kind of cranky, so she had her pacifier in the whole time. Princess Pacifier!


Lovely.
Then when we got home, Chaela decided to sample her candy. Delicious! And, of course, sucking on one wrapper is never enough!

So now most of her candy is crushed inside the wrapper, but still good!
So that was us on Halloween! Oh, and I backed some pumpkin seeds later, but spilled them all after eating only a few. I was really sad because Will had never had them before and liked them! Oh well, we'll just have to buy some at Wal-Mart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it seemed like to me she was going for the tootsie chocolate !! Yummy lol what a smartie!!

Maya said...

first of all, thanks for the tips! wish i had money for salmon hahaha.


also, mark, too, is really excited to teach baby z all about gaming, regardless of baby's gender. apparently you nor i get a say in such matters :-p

Mel said...

The pacifier is the perfect touch. :)

Amanda said...

She looks so cute!!!!!! Love the pictures as always!