
Hello! It's me, Chaela. There hasn't been too much going on with me and my mom and daddy lately, except that it was my birthday on Friday! I didn't really know what a birthday was until my dad brought out a weird thing wrapped in purple paper. At first I just thought the toy part was the awesome bow, but then my parents showed me how to rip the paper and I found out the best part was inside! Well, it turned out my real birthday wasn't until the next day, and daddy was just impatient for me to open my present. Mommy says it's a problem he has.

So the next day, my real birthday, started out pretty normal and I thought maybe birthdays weren't that great after all. Me and mom went to the store for the first part and I got really tired and just wanted to go home. Then I ate lunch and took my nap. When I woke up, though, the house smelled really good, like cookies and brownies and cake! At first I wasn't very happy, because mommy and daddy were running around like crazy people and it didn't seem like they had much time for me, but then my friend Caroline got there with a bunch of balloons! I thought they might be dangerous, so I hid from them at first, but then I started poking them and they didn't do anything. I decided they were
ok and played with them for a while after mommy and Caroline untangled the strings.
Then things got even better, because Aunt Kristin, Aunt Lindsay, and (future) Uncle Jacob showed up! I really like it when they come down to visit because then there are more people to pay attention to me while I do cute things. And I do them A LOT, trust me.


Well, if I thought THAT was a party, I had another thing coming! Soon a whole bunch of mommy and daddy's friends showed up, including Ben, my n
emesis, and Joe, whom I like to flirt with. They played a lot of video games and ate a ton of food and watched my do my cute things. Video games, food, and attention are my favorite, so I was having a blast! But it got even better! My mom gave me my OWN CAKE! I poked at it for a few minutes, because it seemed too good to be true and I was a little dazed from all the flash photography, but as soon as I figured out it was for me I dove right in! Then after I got cleaned up from that there were even MORE presents!!! I couldn't believe it!

The party finally wound down after a while and we all watched the Office, mommy and daddy's favorite show. I mean, I think it's ok, but it's no Winnie the Pooh, if you know what I mean.

So all in all it was a great day! The next day we hung out with Aunt Kristin and Aunt Lindsay at the mall for a long time, then Aunt Lindsay went to Babies 'R' Us and got me a bunch of jammies, which I really needed, so thanks Aunt Lindsay! And everyone else, of course! Especially for my dresses, my boot slippers, my Frosty hoodie, my pink Gap pants, my baby doll and hair things from Grandma Diane and Grandpa Tom, and my blocks! Oh, and my FAVORITE, the silver bag from my friend Caroline. And a special shout out to everyone who got me tags, because I love them. Thanks for a great first birthday!
8 comments:
Chaela, I love that you know when to say "whom" rather than "who." You're the coolest one-year-old ever.
This was the most adorable and hilarious thing I have ever read. Chaela your about as cool as your mom if not cooler! Loves it!
She is adorable, what cute pictures! I, too, love how literate she is already.
haha....so cute!
Chaela: Tell your mommy that you looked adorable in your photos! Also tell her that I'm planning my baby's party (December 6th!) and he can't wait to meet you, if you're still coming to Auntie Amanda's house for Christmas Eve. He loves to meet people his own age!
Happy birthday!
geek
Ha. That post was so awesome. I especially love the part about her nemesis. Haha. Someday she'll wonder what the heck that was all about but Ben will always know that Chaela has a natural instinct to dislike him. HA!
O I didn't call:( I'm sorry Chaela! But Happy be-lated birthday !!
Post a Comment