
Ok, I guess to make up for not posting I'll do it two days in a row.
For all of those who are far away, Chaela has started talking a little bit. I'll try and get a video of it for you, but my computer is being stupid about uploading lately. Anyways, here is a list:

Signs:
1. Eat
2. All done (I couldn't find a picture of this one. She holds her hands up vertically and turns her palms away from her, then towards her, then back again.)
3. I want that (Yeah, basically she just reaches for it.)
Spoken "Words" (not in order):
1. "boo" = book
2. "bu" = spoon
3. "Boo!" = Boo! like a ghost or boom! I fell down
4. "Mama"
5. "baby" (she just learned that one today)
6. "Daddy"
7. "Bapa" = Grandpa
8. "Mamaw" (1st syllable "a" in "ash" not "ah" like in "Mama") = Grandma
9. "ba" = ball
10. "Hi"
11. "nana" = banana
12. "baba" and wave = bye bye
13. "nai nai" = night night
14. "mmm" = give me that food now or I will scream
Animal Noises:
1. "Moo" (cow)
2. "bak bak bak" (chicken)
3. "kwa kwa" (duck)
4. "woo woo" (dog)
5. "aaaoooooww" (cat)
6. "baaa" (sheep)
7. *snort through nose* (rhinoceros... it's in the "Moo, Baa, La La La" book)
Yup, so those are the noises. Added to facial expressions and other noises she makes it's pretty easy to communicate with her these days. I feel like when I tell her the word for something she thinks about it and can usually remember it. That could just be me, though.
She also understands A LOT of what we say to her, which would be cooler if she listened to us. Ever.
I love this new stage, but I've realized after spending time with some brand new babies recently that she's really not a baby anymore. I know she's not technically old enough to be a toddler, but she has much more in common right now with a two year old than a newborn. Everything she learns now is kind of bittersweet for her mommy, but I guess that's how it always
is. :)

5 comments:
Caitlin. We need to get together. I am sorry I missed out on the movie the other day. . .
Have joy in Chaela's learning. I have never been one to cry or mourn the milestones. I used to think there was something wrong with me. . . But now I realize that I am truly happy to see my children progress. I love to watch them learn and do new things. Embrace the toddlerhood! She is beautiful!
O wow they grow up so fast !! Miss you guys!! :)
let's get together this week! :) i know i'm free wed. - fri. sat. the movers come so i don't know my schedule then, and then sun. we fly to ca!
I've heard toddler defined as either a child under 3 who can walk or a child between the ages of 12 and 35 months.
Adam means the same thing when he says "mmm" as Chaela does. He also loves "Moo, Baa, La La La".
Brandon just got a library card for the CML and brought home "Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type" and "Zin! Zin! Zin! A Violin", two of our other favorites that we want to share with Adam.
I can't believe she's talking. She is so DANG cute. I love it.
So, Makay and I are thinking about moving out to Ohio... party! Our babies can play together AND we can play! How fun!
Post a Comment