Thursday, February 26, 2009

Employment!

Ok, so it's not super-exciting, but I'm pretty sure Will has a part-time job at Wal-Mart! It's not much, but it will pay all of our bills (since we're living with my parents) and I think there will be enough left over for the extra non-bills, like registering our car and such for our insurance, and Will's school application fee... and possibly mine. The kind of nice thing is, since it's only part time, we'll still qualify for the help we're getting until I can find a good job or at least get certified as a substitute teacher. Even though in the last few weeks it seems like high schools in central Ohio have gone insane, so I'm questioning if being a teacher is a safe profession! Also, we're getting (thanks to Chaela) a pretty hefty tax return (relatively speaking). So yay! The stress somewhat alleviated. The only thing that they have to take care of before officially hiring him is the drug test and yeah... I'm going to have to say I'm not super worried about it, ha ha.

So that's us. I'd post new pictures of Chaela but I'm on my parents' computer once again. Also my camera is dead. Anyways, I just wanted to share that little bit of excitement. Woo hoo! Financial survival!

And a question for anyone who reads this: I've been told by a few people that I should consider trying to use my seamstress skills to make baby blankets and other things to sell. What do you think? (These pictures are examples of my work.)

9 comments:

Maya said...

you should open an etsy shop to sell the blankets. i have several friends who make pretty good side money doing etsy with various kinds of crafts. :-)

Amanda said...

I totally think you could make money selling that stuff, oh and soon, maybe on my spring break in a few weeks I'd love if you could help me make a quilt for Dave and Erica's baby!

Lets hang out soon once I am not sick anymore, don't want to get you or the little one ill, and Will too!

Katie said...

Whats wrong with our computer? It loads pictures! Crazy!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

Congrats on the new job! Part time is also beneficial because Will won't be away all the time. So, hopefully he won't miss out on much. :) We would love to see you around Easter! Maybe this time we can do something at our house, if you guys have time. I am going to e-mail soon because I have a great idea for a baby blanket that I need your help with! I think that you could definately but those skills to use and make some money!

Elyse said...

u know what i think! i love the blanket you made ahlyssa! thanks again for it :)
yay for jobs! who cares where or what...if pays the bills!

Caroline said...

Duh you should sew blankets and sell them. You're awesome at it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Job Will!! Your blanket skills are top-notch go for it!! does not hurt to try something new !! So cool guys whoot!!!