Chaela likes to spin. Earlier tonight she was spinning around to the music of her alphabet caterpillar or whatever it is, and she started to stumble around a little bit. I got up to go and grab her, because it looked like she was headed for the table and I didn't want her to fall into it. After a second, she veered towards the blanket on the floor, so I stopped to watch her. Before I realized it, she changed directions again and hit her head on the VCR.
When I picked her up, my first thought was "AHH BLOOD!" which I may or may not have yelled out loud. Will took her and I ran to get a tissue. I just kept thinking "put pressure on it..." because by the time I had crossed the room, blood was dripping down her face. (It sounds really serious when I describe it, but the cut wasn't very big, it just happened to be on her head.) So I got back to her with the tissue, mopped it up, applied a little bit of pressure. That stopped most of bleeding, which was a relief. I got her a little bag of ice, then and went into the bathroom to get an antiseptic and a band-aid while my dad grabbed some Neosporin. Chaela is a pretty tough little girl, because she didn't cry at all when we put on the antiseptic, and that stings! So we got her all patched up, then gave her some baby Tylenol, a juice box, and some ice cream. She's a trooper, she hardly cried at all after the first few minutes. I'm lucky to have such a good little girl.
So that was my first ever experience as Dr. Mom, and I feel like I handled it really well. I didn't panic or anything, and if you can't tell by this ridiculously long post, I'm pretty proud of myself. I hope I never have to do it again, but that's not realistic. I have a very strong feeling Chaela isn't going to stop spinning.
Here's a picture of Chaela with her bandage after we put her in bed.

5 comments:
AWWWW! Poor baby girl! I'm proud of you too! Sounds like you handled it very well!
Oh and I love the new pic with piggie tails!!! SOOOO CUTE!
I can't even imagine how scared you must have been, but she sounds like a tough and brave little girl and she handled it well!
I just cannot believe how big she is now and what a beautiful little girl she is becoming :)
That does it I am not leaving her to go away anymore! When I go to Missouri She goes too!
Awww Chaela, poor baby! Way to go Caitlyn! I can't imagine, I am so glad I am a year away from that! Mike and I have a deal, I'll do vomit if He'll handle blood...we'll see if that even works out...
Cute baby girl is growing up fast like addie but is so adorable..Wow but that had to hurt :( glad she is ok though! :)
Post a Comment