Sunday, June 21, 2009

"Giveaway" update and a thought

Hello out there! I just wanted to let the people who commented on my "Giveaway" post that I haven't forgotten about them. I'm finished with two of my projects, a tiny bit away from being done with the third, and have started the last two. I won't finish the last ones until I get back from MO at least.

And today I had a thought. Before I got pregnant, and even up until the moment I had Chaela, my main thoughts about having children with Will were, "How amazing will it be to have this little person who is part me and part him." It was a tender thought, and technically true. But what I didn't realize then is that Chaela (and any other babies I might have someday) may owe their genetics to me and Will, but they are themselves, and not a hodge-podge of random parental traits. It's pretty cool. That's all.

No comments: