Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Stepping it up

So I did something pretty stupid. Since Lindsay's wedding is coming up fast, and my weight loss has been abysmally slow, I decided to challenge any ladies at Curves who would take me up on it. As in, "lose more weight than Caitlyn by August 22nd and get fabulous prizes!" Of course, since it's me, fabulous prizes means "something I made." Then, after I issued this challenge and about eight people took me up on it, I realized we don't have ANY money for me to make these people anything. HA HA! Oops.

I do have one large advantage over all of these ladies, should I choose to take it: I'm about 20-30 years younger than them. So if I can get my butt in gear and exercise like I need to, I should be able to lose more weight in five weeks than them. Should. If. We'll see.

I started stepping it up today with a 30 minute run/walk around my neighborhood. I covered somewhere around two miles, not bad for a first time. However, even though I can do the Curves workout like a beast, it has NOT prepared me for running outside, which is about 50x harder. Yeah.

So this is my plan, do 30-45 mins of running/walking (hopefully more running as time goes on) at home AND do the Curves workout five days every week until Lindsay's wedding. That's an hour to an hour and 15 mins of exercise total most days. I think it should work. I also think my body is really going to hate me for the first two weeks. Oh well! If it works and I can keep it up, I'll reach my goals that much faster and have picked up the healthy habit of working out. Then when I do finally get down to my goal weight, working out 3 times a week just to maintain will be a breeze!!

Right?

My Goal: To look something close to this again.

5 comments:

Diane said...

You can totally do it! Don't worry, running outside gets easier. I suggest setting a goal to run 1 mile, walk one. Having a set distance in mind is a great way to start, and you feel really accomplished once you do. Oh, and I'm taking you on too! I'm sure you'll win, but we'll see.

Gemarie said...

Good luck lady ! I'm sure you can do it just fine! :)

Jason said...

My goal is to lose 20 pounds by Thanksgiving. In order to do this, I need to EAT BETTER. Urgh! I have such a hard time with that. It's only 5 pounds a month, that's doable, right? Good luck with your challenge!

peggy said...

Good goals Caitlyn! The competition idea is really the best way to continue to motivate yourself. I can't wait to see the results in August! Love you.

Kristin said...

Caitlyn you can totally do it! I thoroughly believe in your ability! And I love you!