Monday, August 24, 2009

Recent Happenings

It's been a while since I've posted much about the things we've been doing lately. Here are a few pictures so you can see what we've been up to.

Enjoying the last month of summer

The last few weeks of hot weather are here, and Chaela has been spending the time in her pool. Mostly naked.
We've also been enjoying the produce from the garden my parents grew. My dad makes pickled cucumbers (not quite real pickles, but close) and tomatoes every year around this time, and this year Chaela got to help. Mmmm...


Wibbip
My dad found this big, fat toad in our garage one day about a week and a half ago. We put him in a terrarium and have been feeding him crickets from the pet store. He is officially Chaela's first pet. When I asked her what she wanted to name him, she yelled "WIBBIP!" So that's his name. He's kind of expensive to feed, though, so we'll probably release him into the wild again soon.

Sisters in town
Kristin and Lindsay were both here for Lindsay's wedding. It was a lot of fun for all of us to be together again!

Lindsay's Wedding
Very fun, successful, but way too much work. No more weddings for me until Chaela is all grown up!




4 comments:

Elyse said...

but it was goregous! and so were you ladies!

Amanda said...

It looks like the summer has been going well and that Lindsay's wedding was wonderful!

Unknown said...

Such cute pictures! Chaela is soo big! Hey someone stole my blog account and I haven't been able to get it back. =(
So our new blog address is cravenscountry.blogspot.com
How are you feeling? Pregnancy going good?

Kristin said...

That was so much fun! I miss Chaela like crazy! Jacob and I still walk around saying, "SORRY!" It's our new favorite thing. I miss you guys!