Saturday, September 5, 2009

Pregnancy Update: I <3 Unisom

So since the last time I posted about not being nauseous, I've barely been able to function a lot of the time. Apparently my morning sickness was playing a small joke on me, lulling me into false hope and then BAM! It's back with a vengeance. I haven't thrown up so far, but I feel like I spend every second of my day trying not to. I had my first doctor appointment on Tuesday, and the OB Coordinator gave me quite a few ideas to help keep the nausea away. I tried them all, and they worked temporarily, but none of them made it better.

Finally, I went into the garage, where all of our stuff is stored, and found the Unisom (a sleeping pill, active ingredient doxylamine) I was told to take when I was pregnant with Chaela. Let me just say, it still works. Thank goodness!!! Yes, taking half a sleeping pill makes you drowsy, but it's so much better than feeling like I'm going to puke any minute!

Anyways, this post is kind of pointless, but that's what happens when you take sleeping pills and don't go to sleep. Yup.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Did the OB suggest Ginger? That worked for me, but I was really lucky with Adam -- only got sick about half a dozen times. I'm sure I'll pay for it next time around (whenever that will be...). Anyways, congratulations!

Maya said...

I'm glad you found something that worked! I was just wondering how you were doing with the "morning" sickness b/c I remembered how bad you had it with Chaela. Nothing ever worked for me, either, though I never tried Unisom.

Jess M said...

Hey I just happened across your blog, I also ran into a nurse from my ob office at walmart of all places and asked her about extreme nausea, I am barely 6 wks and its a 1000 times worse than my first pregnancy, anyhow, you can take a half tablet of unisom with a vitamin B6 in morning, another B6 in afternoon and a full tablet of unisom with another B6 at night. Becareful with ginger, since if you take too much it can cause bleeding (stick to the candy pieces). Congrats and good luck