Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Apple Picking

Last Friday, mom, Chaela, and I went to Lynd's Fruit Farm, because we heard from a woman in our ward (who may or may not know that we heard it) that the Honeycrisp were in season and they were delicious.


I love apple picking anyway, so we went. It was fun! It really doesn't take long to fill a 20 pound bag, but that suited us just fine. You're allowed to eat while you pick (probably because that bag doesn't hold quite 20 pounds unless you STUFF it). I'd never had Honeycrisp before, and I have to say, that first bite stopped me in my tracks. If you like crisp apples, these are heavenly! Especially fresh off the tree, one side slightly warmed from the sun. Sigh. Afterwards we went over to the open-air market and bought some sweet corn, also delicious.

So that was our adventure. The best part is that this type of apple lasts from now until April, according to the website. They're more expensive than other apple types, $20 for 20 pounds, while I think other types may be as cheap as $10 for 20 pounds... but these are worth it! In fact, we're going back this Friday to get another bag!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! Wish I was there to go with you!

Amanda said...

ooo yummy, I went there a few years ago with Jessica and it was so much fun! Maybe I'll see if Andrew wants to go this weekend, my aunt gave me a mill to make applesauce with and I'd like to try it out!

Maya said...

I wish they were reasonably priced over here. I miss Lynd's!