Monday, August 17, 2009

Second Pregnancy

I'm pretty positive that everyone knows, thanks to Facebook, but I thought I should announce on my blog that I'm pregnant! Only 4 weeks and 3 days, so it's very early.

Now that I've had a few days to adjust, I'm feeling a little less weird about it. It still doesn't seem real, but it's getting there. It's funny, because so far my emotions and symptoms aren't like they were with Chaela. Last week I was sick for a few days (before I even knew) and I got a migraine, which is something that happened to me a few times with Chaela. Since I found out though, nothing. Hardly any nausea, no more headaches.... of course, I'm not very far along. That stuff has plenty of time to kick in.

I guess the reason this has been so different for me than the first is that with Chaela, I never worried about a miscarriage. I just kind of knew that she'd be fine and I'd see her in nine months. With this one, though, I'm afraid. I wanted to have another one so badly, and now I'm going to, except there's still a chance that I won't. And if I don't have this one, I know that Will won't want to have another one for a while. It scares me.

But I guess at times like this, all you can do is pray, leave it in Heavenly Father's hands, and hope that what you want coincides with what He wants. So that's what I'm going to do, and hope that on or around April 23 I'll be holding my next child, safe and healthy.

5 comments:

Maya said...

We'll keep you guys in our prayers :-)

Amanda said...

I will keep you in my prayers as well. I am like you and take tests almost every month because I panic (well you should already know that I do that), but if I ever found out I was indeed pregnant idk what I would do! But I am sure that everything will be fine, that the new baby will be healthy and everyone will be happy!

Jana said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better (so far) this pregnancy. Congrats! I know how badly you wanted this, and now it's here! You know, I felt the same way with Macie. I was worried about a miscarriage, when it didn't even cross my mind with Adelyn. Weird how that happens.

Gemarie said...

Yay Congrats !

Alli said...

Congrats! It will all turn out in the end!