Saturday, November 7, 2009

Happy Second Birthday to Me!


Well, today was my birthday again. I'm really getting into this whole thing, the presents, the cake (even though mommy hasn't made mine yet, she said I get it tomorrow)... the only thing I'm not really sure about is that all of these people keep singing to me. Let's just say none of them are Laurie Berkner.
Anyway, the day went well. It started out with Grandma Katie giving me some presents that she and Grandpa Doug got for me. I got a doll house that makes noises, like the phone ringing and the toilet flushing, and a shopping cart that's just my size! It came with plastic food. I like to pretend that the maple syrup is chocolate milk and the salt is ice cream, ha ha. I'm so creative!
Next, mommy made blueberry muffins. They were yummy. Grandma especially liked them. Then I watched a movie until daddy came upstairs. We hung out for a while, then I took a nap. When I woke up, mommy and daddy had presents for me, too!
They weren't as good as grandma and grandpa's, except for the stuffed puppy named Violet that they gave to me. She sings songs and calls me "Bug" like mommy and daddy do. Other than that, though, mommy dropped the ball a little. She got me two pairs of shoes. Silly mommy. Daddy got me pajamas that say "Daddy loves me." I liked those a lot. I'm actually wearing them right now. Oh, and mommy did get me a cool new kind of clothes. She says they're called "panties," so I put them on over my pants. Everyone thought that was funny, but I don't know why. Mommy says the pictures of that are on grandma's camera, and she'll put them on facebook later.

After that mommy cooked some stinky fish and I ate a bunch of cucumber. I LOVE cucumber! Then mommy, grandma, and grandpa went to church to watch some people sing. Mommy was supposed to sing, but she lost her voice somewhere. I hope she finds it soon, I'm kind of tired of her snapping and whispering at me all the time. Maybe I'll help her look for it after church tomorrow, as long as she still has time to make my cake.

I spent the evening with daddy watching movies, which was cool. I've been spending a lot of time with daddy lately, because mommy goes and babysits idiots all day long. I don't know what "idiots" are, but they all live in a huge building and throw things at each other. She says I listen WAY better than they do. I know. I'm pretty great.

Well, me and my new friend Violet are going to bed now. Birthdays are fun. I'll have to see if I can have one again soon.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Cute post. Chaela is getting so big! It will be fun to have her and Addie play in less than 3 weeks! And I liked the simple shout-out to Laurie Berkner. We're still big fans.

Happy Birthday, Chaela!

Amanda said...

Every time you write one of these posts I laugh so hard, they are so adorable! I like the part about "I don't know what idiots are" - classic!

Maya said...

Hahaha awww! Can't believe she's already 2!!!!

Kristin said...

Super cute! I really like the part about you working with "idiots." Sounds like she had a good day!