Here are some of our latest adventures with Chaela and some of the things she likes to say.
I'm Buzz Ahya! Infiny an beyon! ("I'm Buzz Lightyear! To infinity and beyond!" usually said when daddy is "flying" her around.)
No, mommy, go-way. ("I think I'm an adult, and I'm a bossy one.")
I put it riiiiiiiiiiiight dere.
Kampa! Make a tent! ("Grandpa, put your head under this blanket this instant!")
NO, Pat! No sit on DAT! (Random quote she says a lot from Hop on Pop)
When-niw mine refre-sha-sho whoma see insaaaaaaa! (Singing, "When will my reflection show who I see inside?" Then repeat, but screamed instead of sung.)
Anoise, noise, Noise, NOISE!! (From The Grinch, "Oh the noise, noise..." etc. Especially pleasant when shouted in the car for 5-10 minutes without stopping.)
Chaela: Woody... a GIRL!
Me: No, honey, Woody is a boy.
Chaela: NO! Woody.... a GIRL! (She's learning about girls and boys.)
Baby sit on meen potty! ("I'm telling you I want to sit on my potty because I know you'll run to the bathroom, and then I won't use the potty but instead climb on my stool and demand to wash my hands for the eighth time today, because that's my sneaky way of getting to play in the water since you refuse to let me frolic in Gretel's water dish.") (She calls herself "baby," which we're working on, "meen" is her word for "my/mine.")
First story:
On Wednesday I made the mistake of leaving the TV remote on the table where Chaela could reach it. We put stuff like that up, because if we don't, Chaela takes it and drops it in one of several little magpie-like caches. Anyway, I came down later that night and it was gone. Will and I spent a half an hour looking for it. We asked Chaela if she knew where it was, and she pretended not to know what we were talking about.
Finally, after a half an hour of searching, I sat Chaela down right in front of me, looked her in the eye, and said, "Honey, you won't be in trouble, you can tell mommy. Did you play with the remote earlier today?"
She eyeballed me for a minute, then said, "Yeah..."
"Ok," I replied," do you know where you left it?"
She spun around like a top, pointed dramatically at a long, skinny table with a drawer in it, and yelled (in apparent shock, "Oh! Dere it is!"
She jumped off my lap, ran over, and pulled open the drawer in the table (which was good, because I thought she was pointing to a box under it) and yelled, "YOOK! Right DERE!" Sure enough, there it was.
Story two:
About fifteen minutes ago, Will sent Chaela upstairs with a dirty diaper. I laid her down so I could change her, and all of the sudden she lifted up her shirt and pointed to her belly button.
"Yook, mommy, yook! Baby color dat!"
I was focused on the diaper, so I just nodded and said, distractedly, "Mm-hm, good job, honey!"
As I was getting ready to stand up and throw away the diaper, I noticed several streaks of yellow marker on her arm.
"Baby color dat, mommy," she told me, showing me her arm. Then she lifted her shirt again. This time, I looked at her belly button. "Yook, mommy, baby color dat, too!"
Yup. Chaela colored her belly button yellow.
Life will have much less humor in it when I no longer have a toddler. That's why I'm having another one.
Melissa’s Story
6 years ago

2 comments:
LOL she is too funny Caitlyn....if she is this entertaining now just imagine what two will be like! HEHE
Oh my goodness, I love it! I can't wait to see it in person! She is hilarious!
Post a Comment