Alright, it's 3am and I have to get up early, but since I know I won't be posting again until after Thanksgiving, here's something I realized that might amaze you, readers, especially my not-Mormon friends who don't realize on how grand a scale we tend to procreate.
I have gone from zero nieces/nephews/kids (you know, the next generation) to EIGHT in just under 3 and 1/2 years. That's right, between my family and Will's, there have been eight kids born since July 2007. That's 3 years and 5 months. We are averaging 2.35 children per year, and that's not counting all of the kids born to our cousins... that's just kids born to us and our siblings.
If you add in my friends... things just start to get crazy.
Babies tend to come in waves, just so you know. Here's how my waves went:
2007: Two girls (4 months apart)
2009: A boy and a girl (6 months apart)
2010: One girl and three boys (Almost exactly 7 months from the oldest: Joci, to the youngest: Carson)
It's such a crazy, fun time to be welcoming so many new babies into the world! Welcome, next generation! I can't wait to see who you grow up to be!
Melissa’s Story
6 years ago

4 comments:
Its funny how everyone has a kid now (except for me and like a few other people). Andrew's family procreates very slowly, people don't get married till they're 28 and don't have a kid till 32 or older. I'll never get to meet any of his grandparents because they all died when he was pretty young and they were 80 or older then.
I always thought I'd have kids young, but obviously that didn't happen. In due time though I suppose...you'll have 5 kids and I'll be preggers with my first one ;-)
Caitlyn, part of me thinks you are so blessed to have so many babies around, and part of me gets a twitch when thinking about being around that many children. :)
yay babies!
Yeah we're crazy. But babies are awesome!
Post a Comment