Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday Update 2010

When did I get so bad at blogging?  Probably around when Joci was born.

I really don't have much to say, I just wanted to update this thing.  I currently have two things (besides kids) that I'm working on.

1) An etsy shop.  I'm not ready to tell you all what it is yet, but maybe soon.  Those who know, shhhh.
2)My new story, which is coming along ok.  I'm almost done with chapter 3 and it's about 7,500 words so far, which is actually a few less than I had hoped for.  I'm aiming for about 80,000 words, which would be 320-ish pages.  But I already have one chapter more than I thought I would, and if this keeps up, I should be fine.  We shall see.

Kid updates are pretty much normal.  We're doing a little CIO (cry it out) with Joci, because she is way too dependent on being held to fall asleep.  She's also still in our room, which I am eager to change.  I'm just not sure how to transition her into Chaela's room.  I'm afraid that they'll wake each other up and I really need them to sleep. 

I believe the potty training war has been won.  Chaela still has accidents here and there, but for the most part, they're real accidents, not "Oh, I was too into what I was doing to bother walking to the potty."  It's such a relief to have that struggle ended!  She's also very excited for Christmas.  On the first day that it snowed, according to my mom, whom she was with, Chaela ran to the window, pressed her face against the glass, and exclaimed, "Oh! It's CHRISTMAS!"  She's also very into helping right now.  She wants to help with everything, and, in the hopes of preserving this attitude into adulthood, I let her as much as I safely can.  She now helps with feeding the animals, laundry, picking up, setting the table, carrying in and putting away the groceries, and a little bit of cooking (sometimes she "helps" me cook by standing on her stool a few feet away and watching while not touching anything).  Her regular chores include taking her dishes to the counter after a meal and feeding the dog.  Just today I've decided to add picking up her room, but I'm not a good example of housekeeping, so we'll see how it goes.

Will is almost done with another semester of school, and his finals start Saturday.  I think it was a tough one for him, so he'll be glad when it's over. 


The next thing for us is spending Christmas with my side of the family.  Jordan is coming home and my sisters and their families are coming to Ohio, and I'm SO EXCITED!  Especially to see my nephews!  We'll all be in Chicago the weekend after next to celebrate with the McFarlands and Jordans, and after that we're coming back to have Christmas here.  We've been decorating the house to get ready for them, and I can't wait!

I should have known; I always have more to say than I think I do once I get talking.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Glad to hear the potty training went well. I would think having two in diapers would not be fun.

:)