Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What's New.

Hello all,

I just wanted to let everyone know what's going on.  The girls and I have an official date to leave: May 17th!  Yay!  We're staying here long enough to sell a bunch of stuff (hopefully) at the neighborhood garage sale (remember, May 13th and 14th, 9am-4pm in Jefferson Farms... tell your friends!) then leaving OH the evening of the 14th to head to Chicago for my cousin's baby shower.  Then on Tuesday, the 17th, we'll fly out of Chicago to SLC.  The tickets have been bought.  This thing is official. We should be able to afford to move everything else out there in July sometime.  It means a few weeks of sleeping on an air mattress, but it will be worth it to be with Will again!

In other news, Joci has picked up another word, "kitty."  Yes, it sounds more like "zzzgh-dii" at the moment, but she says it consistently says it while pointing at the cats, so we know that's what it means.  Fun times.  She's also pulling up on stuff all the time, not quite cruising yet, but soon!

I have to say, my time alone with the girls has been... difficult.  Pretty much all my fears of becoming the Worst Mother Ever have been confirmed, since I feel like I'm spending all my time yelling at my kids.  Yeah.  I'm trying to work on it.  And it doesn't help that literally every day above 65 degrees here has meant severe thunderstorms for the past month, and that big, fat bumblebees have taken up residence somewhere on our deck, so I can't let Chaela outside to run off any of her energy.  Ugh.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I've always wondered how single moms can do it alone...it really amazes me. But I honestly doubt you're the Worst Mom Ever doing it on your own because you've always had that mothering instinct :)

Maya said...

awww we're going to miss you by 3 days :-(