Well, as virtually all of you saw on facebook, I reached 2/3 of my goals for the year when I submitted a short story entitled "Faerie's Child" to Daily Science Fiction yesterday afternoon. I haven't heard back from them yet, but I should within three weeks.
I'm planning on a rejection because, as I've said before, rejections are what happen. If I get one, I'm going to print it and hang it on my wall to motivate myself to do better. As the title character said on Castle this past Monday, "Rejection isn't failure; giving up is failure," or something like that. It was a timely episode for me.
I'm so paranoid I just checked my email to make sure I hadn't gotten rejected while writing this blog. Being a writer is going to be bad for my nerves.
And I can't remember if I've said this on my blog or not, but I've decided that if I can't get published professionally after a few years of trying, I'll self-publish. That way all you people who feel bad for me can buy my stories for pity dollars which I will use to buy myself a pity Pepsi every now and then. : )
Melissa’s Story
6 years ago

2 comments:
Good for you!!!!!! I'm praying for an acceptance letter instead of rejection!
You WILL get published...you ARE a good writer!!!
I miss you! :(
Post a Comment