Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Things I've said to Joci

Some things I've said or shouted at my 1 and 3/4 year old daughter:

Regarding her creative development:
"Everything in the house is NOT your canvas!"

"No 'pop pop' dances on the table!"

Regarding exercise:
"The top bunk is not for base jumping or running track!"

Regarding cuisine and dining:
"We don't eat money.  Not literally."

"Get out of the toilet!"

"Please don't spit that on the ground."

"No thank you, you eat your ramen with root beer broth.  Mommy is full."

"Lincoln logs are not for eating."

Regarding ownership:
"Seeing/touching/hiding/shouting "mine!" fifty times at something does not make it yours."



Is there anything you've said to someone lately that you never thought you'd say?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

At work we have confused adults that act like children. I had a patient tell me he was going to throw his urinal and bed pan at the nurse when she came into the room next because she took too long.

I yelled, "We don't throw our urine at the nurse sir" and then suddenly burst out laughing!

Kristin said...

Haha. This is mostly funny to me because I've heard you say most of those things to her while we were on the phone.

I didn't think I'd ever have to confirm to my child that, "Yes Kimball, that is a ball," 10 times in a row. Or that, "No Kimball, we don't throw the ball from the second story of the house to the bottom story." Kids are weirdos.

Maya said...

"Toilets are not for hands!"
"Oh-ly foh BUTTS?"
"Yes Miles, only for butts."
"Oh-ly foh BUTTS?"
"Yes Miles, only for butts."
"Toy-ets oh-ly foh butts."