On the bright side, the hospital has windows that are letting in the sun, wi-fi, and a very nice lady drawing my blood who has yet to "search" for a vein, so things could definitely be worse.
Anyway, since I'm a slacker, I thought I'd use this time to post a little update. I need practice writing anyway, because I'm starting to feel like I should be working on something again but not quite sure where to put my creative energy. Also my first two attempts at writing fiction since October were so bad I wanted to cry. So here's what's going on:
We're moving! I can't lie, I'm very excited. Our relationship with our landlords has never been comfortable and we seriously dislike the apartment we're in right now (we only moved in there in the first place because the place we were going to move into fell through one week before our family moved from Ohio to Utah). I'm sure it would be a great apartment for someone who is single, newlyweds, or a couple with only one (baby) kid, but for us it's been cramped and depressing to say the least. Luckily our contract is almost up and this next week we're moving to a duplex down in Provo that has three bedrooms, a great landlady, a yard, a dishwasher, and about twice the square-footage of our current place. We looked at it once, but went back again yesterday to check it out again (the first time there was still some furniture) and while we were hanging out in our new yard, we met no less than three new neighbors who all have kids the girls' ages! Yay! This new place will also be amazing because we aren't expected to let our neighbors into our kitchen to do their laundry, we control our own thermostat, and our internet hookups will be in our own apartment, meaning no upstairs neighbors can A) unplug it randomly or B) use it without paying. Also the new duplex is a legal rental property, unlike our current one. Yes, our current apartment is that great.
Anyway, even though it's General Conference weekend (a bi-annual Mormon holiday where we feast on elaborate breakfasts and the Spirit) we're trying to get out of our old place because we hate it so that our landlords can get some other gullible fool renter ASAP and reimburse us for the rest of April's rent. We're hoping to be completely moved in to the new place by Tuesday. It would be sooner, but unfortunately the carpets aren't being cleaned until Monday. In the meantime, our landlady has given us permission to move things into the kitchen, where there is no carpet, because she is great.
So it's going to be a busy weekend for us, which sucks for Will because he has a cold. If you're in the area we'd love to have you come help, and if not, send healthy thoughts and prayers Will's way (and mine, I don't want to catch it!)
That's pretty much all, except I'm trying to get into this writing thing again. I'm sort of at a standstill right now because I want to rewrite my old story but I need to do "world building" before I can. I am the opposite of most fantasy writers (who get "world builder's disease" and never get around to the story itself), instead of getting caught up in the world I keep skittering away from it. Apparently I'm waiting for it to spring-fully formed into my mind, and my mind is not cooperating. Sad.
Anyway I think this post is long enough. Happy Conference weekend everyone!

4 comments:
Glad you are getting to move into a bigger and nicer place! Saturday's conference talks were amazing! Once you get moved in you need to go back and watch them!
p.s. I hope you have my room ready for my June visit!
Glad you are getting to move into a bigger and nicer place! Saturday's conference talks were amazing! Once you get moved in you need to go back and watch them!
p.s. I hope you have my room ready for my June visit!
So many great things happening in your life right now(minus the shots and avoiding a cold ((I'm with you on very much not wanting to catch anything when pregnant...You can't take anything to help. Bah))). But happy moving to you! And happy writing stuff too! I'm having a hard time with the background stuff too...not so much world-building, but trying to get to know my characters more. They're being shy. Oh well.
Good luck with the big move!!!!!!
Post a Comment