I am awake right now because my arm hurts too much for me to sleep. I spent about 9 hours yesterday scrubbing kid "art," greasy fingerprints, and random scuff marks off my walls, not to mention all the other cleaning in the bathroom and kitchen and vacuuming pretty much every square inch of this place and packing all the miscellaneous objects that didn't make it into boxes the first time around (one of which happened to be our bottle of Tylenol, the only pain killer we own that my pregnant self can take). So I'm typing this blog right-handed and creeping on a neighbor I know to be an early riser until I see her light come on, at which point I will text her. Failing that, the closest drug store opens at 8am. Happy moving day to me! I guess this bag of frozen vegetables I've been using as an ice pack is no longer coming with us.
Speaking of moving day, up until this thing with my arm everything has been going well, mostly thanks to the awesome friends who helped us over the weekend (you know who you are Rosalie, Chrissy, and Dustin). Without them, it would have been downright impossible to do this!
We're so grateful to be getting out of this place, and since the carpet cleaners finally came to the new one yesterday, we can get over there and start moving our stuff from the kitchen to the rest of the house! Seriously, I don't know how the people who helped us last year fit all of our stuff into that trailer, because our new kitchen is much larger than that and completely overflowing.
Well anyway, time to see if my neighbor is awake again!
Melissa’s Story
6 years ago

2 comments:
Hooray for moving day! I'm excited for you. It's nice to make a change that's good for everyone!
Well... if you wanted it to fit in your kitchen you needed the elders quorum to come help! You know, the crazy guys with the measuring tapes!
Hope you like this place and I hope you get some callings in this ward!!!
I will come in June and check it out!
Post a Comment