I've been having a lot of trouble feeling as confident in my spiritual life as I did when I was a teenager/college student. It's left a hole in me, which in turn has left me more unhappy than I normally am. Unfortunately, this unhappiness has manifested itself very much in the form of uncontrollable anger mixed with short but intense crying jags. I knew I was having a hard time, but I didn't realize that I was harboring so much anger in my heart until I read the scripture now featured on my sidebar thing and thought, "Wow, no wonder I feel like crap." It's just is this constant, aimless irritation that ATTACKS the first thing that crosses it and then EXPLODES like a nuclear bomb. Ask Will and my kids, it's been awful, and while I believe pregnancy hormones are a big part of it, I can do much better.
I don't want anyone reading this to worry, because while it's true that I have rough moments more often than I'd like, I still have many moments of contentment and joy. Anyway, the reason I posted a scripture on my blog is because I check it all the time to see if anyone else has blogged recently, so it's not meant to be advice for anyone but me, and I'm putting it there like some people put sticky notes on the bathroom mirror: so I can see it and remind myself that if I want to feel good, I need to try harder to let go of my anger.
Note I can't avoid because I heart sharing: The scripture from the Book of Mormon. As always, if you'd like to read it let me or that one Mormon friend of yours know and one of us will totally hook you up.
Melissa’s Story
6 years ago

4 comments:
Caitlyn, sorry you are having a rough time right now. I am glad you are turning to your scripture because you will find so much comfort there.
Here are a couple I found for you.
Luke 8:48 - And He said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.
Also 2Nephi8:3 - For the Lord shall comfort Zion, He will comfort all her waste places; and He will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the Lord. Joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving and the voice of melody.
I love you!
Also, these comments are from your mother! For some reason Kristin is always signed on my computer and I never see it til it is too late!
Caitlyn, you can do it! I hear you though, some days are just more difficult than others. But that is why we have the scriptures and prayer. And some of it is pregnancy. Not that you should blame it on something, but it does put us a little out of sync with things. Love you!
Caitlyn, I have to say I feel like I'm going through the same thing too. Though I don't have a pregnancy excuse :) I'm glad you posted your thoughts on this-thanks!
Post a Comment