I posted last Saturday about how we were moving. Yeah, that glucose test (which I passed, by the way) was the last few minutes I had to rest for about four days. However, even though we were busy and I had to sleep on an air mattress (also known as The Mattress from Pregnancy Hell), we finished everything up thanks to help from some awesome volunteers (THANK YOU to Rosalie, Dustin, and Chrissy) and were in our new place by noon on Tuesday... at which point we had a kitchen FULL of furniture that we had to move around the house. I'll never know how Will managed after all the moving we did over the weekend, but he did. He is amazing. He has also started working 12+ hours per day again, so the fact that he had enough energy to do everything AND not fall behind in school was even more incredible.
So we spent last Wednesday and Thursday moving/reassembling furniture and I woke up on Friday... and realized it was my birthday. And the ground was covered in snow. Under most circumstances, this would have been lame. For us, though, it meant that Will didn't have work, so that was nice. To be honest, it was the most uneventful birthday I've had in a long time. Oh well. Twenty-seven is kind of a "meh" age anyway.
 |
| The best part of the day was Will and Chaela decorating the giant cookie I made. Aren't they talented? Yes. |
So then Saturday comes and Will has to spend most of the day at his friend's house doing homework because we didn't have the internet. I realized at about 7pm that we hadn't colored eggs yet, so we did that... and totally forgot to get anything for each other! Sigh. Life and children, what can I say? Will went to the grocery store late that night and got us some chocolate, but I definitely owe him something. The next day we had Will's parent's and grandma over for church and lunch, which was fun and delicious!
 |
| Decorating eggs together! |
 |
| Easter morning. Good thing church wasn't until 11:30! |
That brings us to this week. Pretty much all I've had the energy to do is hang out outside with the neighbors and keep the house (which is twice as big as I'm used to) moderately clean. Here are some pictures!!
 |
| The kitchen is HUGE! About 3x the size of our old one. |
 |
| Living room complete with children watching Lilo and Stitch (Joci's new favorite). |
 |
| Not a very good picture of our bedroom. There just weren't any good places to take a picture from. |
 |
| The girls' room... already a mess. The two extra rooms are teeny. |
 |
| The extra room (currently my sewing room) is still in the organizational stage. |
 |
| The outside of our place! It also has an awesome back yard, but there just weren't any good angles to take pictures from. |
 |
| The duplex is on a dead end, which is great. You guys should see all the kids that run around here during the day. Chaela and Joci and I have already made a ton of new friends! |
 |
| And the girls. Not that this picture is a good example of it, but they LOVE our new place. |
2 comments:
Looks like a nice place!!! Love the size of your kitchen too :)
Yeah, your kitchen looks so nice! I think that would be my favorite part. I wish I lived closer so I could come and let Kimball play with all your neighborhood kids. Anyway, it looks awesome, miss you!
Post a Comment