Well, it's official, on Wednesday I'm meeting with a writing group for the first time ever to critique and be critiqued. I'm nervous to show my stuff to other writers, but I'm also excited and proud of myself. I tend to talk a lot about what I could do with writing, but only recently have I started backing that up with the actual doings of a serious writer. If I want to be a published author someday, joining a writing group is pretty important. This is probably just me, but in the past I tended to think of dreams as fantasies that would fulfill themselves somewhere in a nebulous future. Maybe at 27 I'm becoming a grown up. I've finally realized that my dreams are not going to happen to me on their own and that I have to put in vast amounts of thought, time, and effort to get where I want to be.
Dang it. I hate effort.
Now I just need to come up with about 6-8 pages of stuff good enough for them to read in the next 24 hours. I suppose I should be doing that instead of blogging...
Melissa’s Story
6 years ago

1 comment:
Good for you for going for your dream of writing!! There are so many things that I'd like to do, but since most of them involve lots of money I'm not sure when/if they will ever happen. I'd love to get my real estate license but that costs a good deal of cash and who knows how long it would take to break into wedding planning. Maybe someday!
Post a Comment