Friday, October 12, 2007

Hello World!


Hi! Since I'm not very busy this semester I thought I should start this thing so I can keep in touch with far away people. It was inspired by my sister- and brother-in-law, because they have a lot of good ideas. For example, I never told you Jana, but Will got me one of those awesome Victoria's Secret robes for our anniversary. I know Jason got you one last year, and I stole your idea because I wanted to have a robe I can wear in the hospital. We just want to be like you, have you noticed? You have a baby, we have a baby (soon), you get a robe, I get a robe, Jason goes to college, Will goes to college... haha.

Aside from that, nothing is really new. I'm taking 4 classes right now, thankfully they're all within my major, so they're all interesting. If all goes according to plan, I'll be graduating in April. Woohoo! It's about time.
This is a picture from the excellent baby shower my friend Diane threw for me. Yes, Diane, you are amazing. My belly is going to take over the world!! But I do think it looks bigger in this than it actually is... just my opinion.

Oh! So this is something: at my last Dr's appointment, Chaela was still not turned head-down. No one knows why, because most babies are head-down long before now. If she hasn't turned by 37 weeks (which is next Saturday) then I'll probably have to schedule a C-section. Not cool. I mean, even if we schedule one and then she turns, I won't still have to have it. But I'm not all about the idea of being cut open. So we're hoping that she's somehow turned in the last 2 weeks and I just don't know. The one single shining point in that whole darkness is that we'd know for sure when she'd show up... and it would be early, because the Dr. wouldn't want me to possibly go into labor. However, my mom has informed me that anytime before Nov. 5th won't work for her (because I want her to be here to help me, since I'm hopeless). So we'll have to see what we can do, haha. Will and I might just have to handle it for a few days without a responsible adult present!

Oh, and a side note: now that we're getting this close I'm paranoid that it's secretly a boy, and we have a billion girl outfits and only 3 neutral ones. Ahhh!! That's why I'm borrowing a boy outfit from my neighbor... you know, just in case.

Enough rambling for one day. I'm going to eat! Yay!

4 comments:

Alli said...

C-Section. Whoa. That's serious stuff. But, as long as the baby's healthy, right? I am so excited for you! By-the-way, I might mention that Victoria's Secret robe to Makay. I guess I want to be like your sister-in-law, too...

Katie said...

Caitlyn, no one can ramble ramdomly like you!!! I love you!!

Jana said...

Wow, I'm very flattered. So many people want to be like me, I only wish I was worth wanting to be like!

How are you feeling about having a C-section? Does that scare you at all? I know it would worry me, but I'm a wimp. See, one good reason not to want to be like me!

I'll call you soon, I've got to hear all of this firsthand. I'm excited you started a blog! Yay!

Katie said...

Chaela is a good girl now, but don't worry she will be a stinker later just like her mama.
Love,
Your Mama