Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ridiculous!

Did you know there's nothing on TV at 6:30 in the morning? There is not. Now you know.

Unfortunately for me, I have been awake since Will left for work at 5:30. At first I stayed in bed and prayed that I would fall back asleep. After about a half an hour of that I gave up and called my mom, because it was 8:00 her time, and I knew she'd be awake because she's a mom, and they get up crazy early. I'm beginning to understand why. At least if I were actually a mom I'd have a baby to entertain me! Sigh.

So now here I sit. It's almost 7 and the only thing on is the news. They just showed some Hawaiian women doing a hula. That was cool. I'd rather be sleeping. Even worse is that I didn't fall asleep until after midnight. Frustrating, since I climbed into bed at 10! I guess I should be grateful that I haven't had trouble sleeping until now, when I only have 2 weeks and 2 days left until my due date. Not that I'm counting.

This whole pregnancy thing is extremely uncomfortable. I don't like to go to class most days of the week because I can't walk across campus anymore without extreme pain because apparently this child is laying on my sciatic nerve. It's the huge nerve that starts in your back and runs down your leg. Ouch. Her most active time of day is 11pm-midnight, right when I would be able to fall asleep if she weren't kicking me as hard as possible in various internal organs. Pregnancy is a blessing. In disguise. Sorry to complain everyone! I'm sure after she's born I'll have an easier time recognizing it, but at 7am on a Thursday when I'm about to spend 8 hours on campus, chances of that are bleak.

But don't think I'm too down everyone, because I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Woohoo!

4 comments:

Katie said...

decemberOh Caitlyn, 8:00 am is not crazy early, you have so much to learn. Why at that time it's practically lunch time. When Chaela gets here it may be your shower time because she will be going down for her first nap at that time. You can get two loads of laundry in by 8:00am.

crazy mom

Alli said...

I love your picture of light at the end of the tunnel. Basically, that was hilarious. I started laughing outloud. I love you!

Alli said...

PS: Out loud is two words. Sorry about the typo... I'm a college student...

Jana said...

I understand your pain. It is good, though, as your mom pointed out, because you'll be up at strange hours for quite a while once Chaela arrives!

I can't believe it's happening so soon! We're very excited to meet our new little niece.