Hello! It's me again. We're supposed to be packing, but Will is asleep on the beanbag with Chaela so I'm online just hanging out. Can I just say that I'm on a huge "Across the Universe" soundtrack kick right now. I could listen to it forever! Here's the thing: the Beatles were BRILLIANT song writers, but I prefer listening to other people perform their songs. Now that could just be because they were recording in the 60's and so they're just not the same quality, but that's how it is. If anyone hasn't heard the soundtrack I HIGHLY recommend it, especially if you like the Beatles. 

In other news, I went to Wal-mart yesterday to get formula. I had taken the bus because Will was still at work, but I felt like getting out of the house, and as I was preparing to leave the store (putting the baby sling on and Chaela in the sling) this older Hispanic guy with a diamond earring came up to us. He stood there and looked at Chaela for a while and then said, "Your daughter VERY beautiful." I said thank you and kind of went back to putting the sling on (it takes a few minutes) and he started talking to Chaela, who was still strapped into the cart. He told her that she was VERY beautiful again, then he said, "Yes, you VERY cute. You could be a model. You could be a TV star or something!!" And then he smiled and walked away. It was funny, and of course I love it when people compliment my daughter. I've thought about entering her in baby photo contests and things... but I don't know. So today I looked up a (reputable) modeling agency in Salt Lake and called to see how old a baby had to be for them to represent her. They said three, and when I told them she wasn't that old, they gave me the number for another agency in Salt Lake that works with babies. I called them and they told me to send in her picture, so I did. So we'll see if they call. I don't really care though. I think she's cute and that's all that matters!
This is one of the two pictures I sent in (it was just taken today). The other one is the one of her in her pink dress leaning on the rocking chair that I've posted before.

7 comments:
If so many people you don't even know are coming up to you and saying how beautiful she is, then I think the modeling thing is a good idea! Who knows, she could be the next Gerber baby!
This is too crazy....I entered Oden in a cute baby contest last week. One of my friends said I had to. The voting just started yesterday. I just read your post and I just posted this morning about the contest. We are like on the same wave-length. Chaela could totally be a model. Not only is she adorable, she is also so well behaved. There are lots of contests on-line, if you don't want to go through modeling agencies. I'll try to find you a couple. Let's start those college funds!
One of my favorite photographers is Nicole Hill, and she does stock photography working out of Provo. She does great work, if you'd like to get Chaela some exposure you might want to take a look at her work and maybe volunteer the babe. If nothing else, her work is a lot of fun. http://nicolehill.blogspot.com/
Sweet, I'm going to be the grandmother and great aunt to two famous babies!
Please change the background or font color to your blog--I think it's slowly making me blind.
Thanks.
By the way good luck on getting Chaela into baby modeling!
that is so funny
I'm sure she will win the grand prize if not a position in business when she reaches the certain age :) Miss ya!!m
Post a Comment