Sunday, May 25, 2008

Fuzzy Buttruffles and the New Crib


Hello everyone! Things here are going well. We've pretty much settled in like we've been here forever, and I'm used to being back at work. It's funny, when I worked there before I'd try to convince myself I was sick or I'd use the smallest excuse to take my free days, but now that I HAVE to work so that we can have enough money (and hopefully a little extra) those urges seem to be gone, thank goodness. And I think I'm doing well there. It's the only place I've ever felt like I'm actually good at my job. And we maybe... just maybe can afford to go to MO. That all depends on our stimulus check, which we still haven't gotten. That's probably for the best though, since the closer we get it to when we leave, the less likely we'll spend it on something else.
So here's an outfit that Jana will appreciate. Butt ruffles! I think it's actually the only one that we got that has them, and she may not get to wear it ever again because it will be too hot for the rest of the year. It's just been rainy here for the past few days, so we were back in the 40's.


Also, as you can see, if you prop her up on something she can stand on her own, which is cool because it means her balance is getting a lot better. She can't pull up on it or anything, and she still doesn't crawl, but she is slowly improving in the major motor skills area. Just so you know, as I typed that last sentence I looked back and she dove from a sitting position to a face-first position on the couch. Why is she still awake, you ask? I ask myself that question every night.



We were finally able to get Chaela a crib! I'm so excited. I went Saturday and bought it, but it didn't fit in the car so we had to go back today with a friend of Will's who has a truck. I spent the afternoon putting it together by myself and I only needed Will's help once, and that was just to help me line up a million little holes in one side of the dresser with a million little pegs on the other side. Woohoo I am amazing!! I was also able to get the bedding on Saturday and I got one that has ladybugs all over it, and the main colors are red and green with less pink, so I was happy. It came with a really cute quilt, but since it's too hot I've been thinking of using it as a wall hanging for the summer. It's on top of the dresser part in this picture (which is technically a changing table, but we mostly use the floor).



I think the trundle drawer underneath will be great for storing her extra blankets or toys that she's going to want to be able to get to herself when she's older. I still want to get the dust ruffle. I know they're useless but I want it to be cute! And I like that it turns into a toddler bed and a children's day bed. If we ever get to use it like that. Convertible cribs are only as useful as the years between your kids.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Her crib is really adorable and I am glad to hear that you both have settled in, well the 3 of you I suppose. I know what you mean about the job thing, when I (well we both) worked at Joanns I always needed an excuse to not go to work....but now I love my new job and I never want to miss a day there....its sad what happens as we get older!

Jana said...

Your crib is adorable! I am so jealous that you have one with drawers and storage space. And yes, I LOVELOVELOVE the buttruffles!