Hello everyone! Just thought I'd post an update on my life.
My job at Curves is moving along nicely. I'm basically done with training. Now I'm running things under supervision. The manager is going to make sure I know what I'm doing on Monday and Tuesday and then I'm on my own. I even got my own key today! It's kind of cool, but scary, because I've never had so much responsibility in running a business before, so keep me in your prayers. You might think it's weird for me to be there alone, but if you've been to a Curves, you know it's not really a gym, it's circuit training. This means that there are 15-16 machines in a large circle with bouncy, square "recovery stations" in between. After you've been on a machine for 30 seconds you walk/run/dance or whatever in place on the recovery station for 30 seconds, then move on to the next machine. It doesn't sound like much of a workout, but it is, especially if you put in the effort.
Chaela has several new words from the last time I wrote about that. A few new ones are: fwowa (flower), mine, jorjor (Jordan), kwaka (cracker), up, pop (just a sound she makes or popcicle), ju (juice), etc. She's even started saying very simple sentences like "my daddy" or "hi jorjor." One of the ones we hear most is "my bite." Yup. She can eat. She's a lot like the seagulls from Finding Nemo, except instead of saying "mine? mine? mine?" she says "bite? bite? bite?" Fun times.
I've also had to block the stairs to the second floor of the house because I don't know how many times I've been busy for literally ten seconds then looked up to see her yelling "mama," laughing, and sticking her little arm through the railings at me.
So that's all for now. Things are pretty much good. I'll post more pictures sometime but there hasn't been anything new or super exciting lately.
Melissa’s Story
6 years ago

2 comments:
I always enjoy your writing about new words that Chaela is learning! And I am glad that you like working at Curves :)
I was thinking about joining Curves myself up here in Oregon ! Is it a contract and then are you with a group the whole time while you exercise ??
Post a Comment