So Will and I were talking the other night about where we are in life and where we'd like to be. You know, planning our dream house and pets and kids and our "own" rooms. Not bedrooms, but a "man cave" in the basement filled with gaming paraphernalia for him and a loft with a sliding glass door and a covered balcony with sewing/crafting/writing/relaxing stuff for me. Sigh. Oh, yes... the balcony overlooks several acres of gorgeous forested land, possibly with a stream and a barn...
Anyway.
We started talking about how we were going to achieve this house and life that we want, and while we didn't come up with anything realistic, we did come up with something surprisingly motivating.
"I bet I can make a million dollars before you can," he said.
"You're on," I replied. Not sarcastically, but with real, genuine enthusiasm.
"What does the winner get?" he asked.
"A million dollars." (Ha ha. I am so funny.)
So there you have it. Yes, it's silly, and yes, I am aware of how unrealistic it is. It's just for fun, and as of now we'd be happy with enough to get our own place. Baby steps.
But still, if you want something you've got to start somewhere. So set a goal and go! Dream big, right? A little friendly competition only helps. ; )
So readers, tell me about your dream house and/or the things that motivate you!
Melissa’s Story
6 years ago

3 comments:
My dream house is two stories and has a wrap around porch, like a farm house, with a bay window and accompanying window seat for curling up with a good book and a balcony off my bedroom b/c I've always wanted one. Also, the Master Bedroom would have a bath attached with a jacuzzi tub and 2 sinks so I wouldn't have Mark's hair on mine. We'd have about 3 acres with a creek running through b/c my childhood house had a creek and that was the best part of growing up, and also a few fruit trees.
As much as I love our little house we have now, it would be better if we had about 5 acres of land with a pond and a golf cart to drive around. Maybe a Hot Tub that was energy efficient so it wouldn't cost a ton of money to keep plugged in....I'd also love a fireplace and room to have a big garden so I can grow veggies all summer then can and freeze them.
Maybe our next place will have all this stuff :)
That doesn't sound unrealistic to me at all. I bet you both earn a million dollars and become milloinaires!
Post a Comment