Thursday, December 17, 2009

If Only I Could Pwn a Noob!

Hello, all.

This is my first time participating in one of Mama Kat's writing workshops. When I saw prompt number five, I couldn't resist. Here is a poem about my much-beloved husband's obsession. A note for non-gamers: "pwn" is pronounced "own," as in, "I just owned you!" I don't know why. "Noob" is probably short for "newbie." To call someone a noob is to imply that they suck at whatever it is they're doing. "Let's go pwn some noobs," is something you might hear at the beginning of a long night of gaming.

Here is my masterpiece (I am by no means a poet, as you will soon see).


If Only I Could Pwn a Noob

If only I could pwn a noob
As well as my sweet William,
Or snipe a guy out of the sky,
I’m sure that it would thrill ‘im.

But alas and woe (as these things go)
It seems I am quite lame.
Halo 3 (at least, for me)
Is a problematic game.

And as for you, Modern Warfare 2,
While Will’s stats move uphill,
The guy I’m playing got stuck in a corner,
Then he died, or he’d be there still.

Oh, if only I could pwn a noob,
Or get a Slice N’ Dice,
Then I could play some games with Will,
Which I would think quite nice.

Boom! Headshot!


If you want to participate, check out Mama Kat's blog and pick a writing prompt for yourself! It's fun!

5 comments:

BrookeJean said...

Awesome! I love this poem!

Amanda said...

hehehehe that was super cute caitlyn!! if they had a prompt about men and say ratchets or power tools I could have written a poem for Andrew... :)

Mama Kat said...

Hahaha...I don't know the lingo, but this poem was great! Who needs to own noobs when you can sit and blog instead. :)

Anonymous said...

Very funny : ) What is a noob? My husband loves his playstation 3. Unfortunately, my son and his friend broke it a few weeks ago. I am trying to hide that information from him for a while... He works 7 days a week so we have been safe so far. PHEW!

Kristin said...

Haha, super funny! I enjoyed that. Oh the life of pwning noobs...