Chaela has been awake for less than two hours. Here are some of the things she has accomplished already today:
1. Woke up singing a crazy song. It's not a real song, but it has a repetetive tune and lyrics that go something like, "Oh! Byah byah! Mommy, daddy, byah byah byah!" Sometimes other words are exchanged for mommy and daddy, like "up-a-daez" (upstairs) and "pay-ya-geem" (play a game, as in a video game). She also went to bed last night singing the same song. Its ultimate meaning remains mysterious to me.
2. Ran around in circles for about 5 minutes straight yelling, "Hey, BUDDY! Hey, BUDDY! Hey, BUDDY, hey!"
3. Got caught spitting milk from her real sippy cup into her pretend tea cup and sugar bow, then drinking it out of the pretend stuff. I assume she was only spitting it because sippy cups don't pour, but who knows.
4. Discoursed on the deliciousness of "hot cocoa chokit" for another five minutes or so without taking a breath. Mostly her speech consisted of, "Hot cocoa CHOKIT! Mmm... SO GOOD!" over and over again.
All on top of her normal shenanigans, which include hiding the pantry, bringing us random food items (like a box of jello), getting out all of the toys in the toy cabinet, getting in trouble and having to go to time out twice, going through all of the drawers in grandpa's desk in his office, etc. In the space of about two hours.
Oh, my friends who will have toddlers soon, you have so, so much to look forward to!
*
And here's a conversation I had with my mom this morning while I was trying to explain why Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card is such a good book, and why I appreciated it more now than I could have as a teenager.
Caitlyn: "Because I read it and, yeah, all of the stuff he invented was cool, which I would have liked as a teenager, too, but now I realize it's also really bittersweet. Like it's not just a happy ending. So after I read it I felt conflicted, but satisfied."
Mom: (nods understandingly) "That's how I feel after eating a good piece of chocolate cake."


4 comments:
Welcome to the world of toddlers! Right now I am listening to Madison screaming, "Mom, Mason is shooting my animals (stuffed)!" Wait until baby #2 comes! :)
#4 - funniest thing I have ever heard, she is your child for sure if she is already in love with hot cocoa, is it the wonderful Mormon stuff!?! I remember we always drank that at your house and it was so good! I used to get into my mom's pantry when I was a kid and take everything off the shelves and make towers with it, but I was a few years older than Chaela.
Yeah, I read this and couldn't stop laughing. Especially since I was just on the phone with you and could hear her in the background. And now I get the chocolate cake reference. I love it! This makes me miss being at home.
too funny! can't wait for toddlerhood! and YOUR MOM IS HILARIOUS!!!
Post a Comment