Friday, February 26, 2010

Getting Closer

I just realized that I have a little less than two months (seven-ish weeks) left until Joci is due.  I'm pretty happy about it, and insanely jealous of my friend who had her baby on Wednesday.  Well, maybe not insanely. 

This may sound weird, but when I was pregnant with Chaela I felt like pregnancy was forever and I'd never actually give birth to the child I was carrying.  Now that I've had one, though, I know that the end does come.  Besides, it's harder to focus so much on being pregnant when you've got a toddler who screams for attention every second she's awake (literally).

I'm ok with waiting for now, because I'm paranoid when it comes to newborns.  But the date is slowly sneaking up on me.  I just hope the snow here is melted by April.  I'm sick of it!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I feel like it wasn't that long ago that you were pregnant with Chaela....by the time I have one kid you'll be done having kids...hahaha

Kristin said...

I think I'm feeling how you felt with your first pregnancy. It feels forever long and I have a hard time picturing the fact that I'm really having a baby. Even though everytime I look down there is this large thing moving around inside me. And I am starting to worry that I won't be ready in time, he's not due for at least two months and I haven't even started getting anything! Oh well, someday I'll get to that one...