Sunday, April 11, 2010

Just Waiting...

Well, I was hoping she'd come early, but as time goes on I'm not feeling like she will.  I've had two false alarm trips to labor and delivery and I'm not going again until I'm positive she's coming.  Fine and dandy, but my body is starting to drive me crazy!

The morning of my birthday (April 6th) I was having pretty regular/strong-ish contractions, but they never got worse and eventually faded.  Since then, nothing until last night, when I woke up feeling crampy, like I was on my period.  It was more uncomfortable than any contractions I'd had, but there weren't any contractions.  So I got out of bed for about an hour to see what would happen and the feeling went away.  I went back to bed and it came back, so I went to sleep and ignored it.

This morning I'm exhausted from being up in the middle of the night and having Chaela come into our room sometime around 5 or 5:30, plus still feeling crampy when  I got out of bed, so I'm home from church.  Crampy feeling went away this morning until I laid down for a nap.  Slept for about an hour and a half and woke up more crampy and uncomfortable than ever.  Got up and emptied the dishwasher and crampiness went away.

So now I'm sitting here, still feeling generally blah and wishing my water would just break.  That way I'd know that it's time to go in, which is what happened with Chaela.  The people at L&D probably already think I'm crazy.  At the same time, I'm not even due for more than a week, so maybe all of this is due to my wishful thinking, and if I'd stop thinking about it, I'd stop having pointless contractions!

Sigh.

What about my friends with babies out there?  Did your water break?  How did you know it was time to go to L&D if it didn't?

7 comments:

Maya said...

i've always wondered that, but i never went into labor with miles. i'm hoping that i'll get to go into labor this time. VBAC all the way! lol. good luck! i picked the 17th so i think you should wait to go into labor till then, hahahaha. :-)

Elyse said...

um is maya pregnant?!?!
"i'm hoping that i'll get to go into labor this time." like this next time or like im pregnant this time?!?!
anyway...well my dear friend...like you've probably already heard...just be patient...because once lil joci is here...you'll be extra EXTRA sleeeepy!!
i was induced 15 days early..just get really high blood pressure then they will induce you! lol..but then you stay in the hospital FOR EVER!! so really i don't suggust that!
she'll come soon enough..but for your uncomfortable-ness sake..i hope soon!
i feel its this week!!!! (keep our fingers crossed!)

Anonymous said...

"they say" only about 10% of women have their water break. Most are already in labor & the nurse will break the water for you. So, good luck!

Diane said...

I had my money on the 23rd...guess my will power is just that amazing! Anyway...sorry this is so rough for you, but I expect a phone call when you have her...I'll kill you if I found out via facebook!

Oh, and I want to know the same thing as Elyse...Maya, are you pregnant?!?!?! I'm way behind you guys if you are....

Amanda said...

Since I've never had a baby I wouldn't know but if it helps....my mom was induced with me so no water breaking but she went into labor with Adam on his due date, no contractions her water just broke in the shower and she almost didn't make it to the hospital before he was born!

I picked Easter so I was totally off!

Unknown said...

Wow Cait, my guess is like today or tomorrow! Thats exactly how I felt before Colton came. I was an 8+ when I got to the hospital and my water still hadn't broken, so for sure don't wait for your water to break! Good luck you are so close!

Stephanie G. said...

My water broke, but for most woman they go into labor first.