Well, it's possible that with two blogs in less than a week, I'm getting back into the swing of things. But let's not get our hopes up.
Anyway, yesterday I was going along, minding my own business, when without warning I encountered a bunch of Great Things that made my day. Here are my top five Great Things as of now, from Great to Greatest:
Specifically, Yoga X, part of the p90x series of DVDs I borrowed from a friend, who is awesome. I always thought yoga didn't look that hard. HA! I could only do about 20 minutes of the DVD before I was done, because I am a wimp. But it felt SO GOOD! Everybody try it!
Everyone must read Dave Barry, because he's possibly the funniest author out there right now. This is just his latest book; he has quite an extensive list of publications. I can't even explain it, just read his stuff and laugh, then laugh again, then again, until you're snorting and your sides ache.
People with long hair must have these. Since my hair has gotten about to the point of ridiculousness (and I still haven't cut it for reasons even I don't understand), I've been at a complete loss as to how to style it. I recently tried normal bobby pins, and instead of styled hair all I got were a bunch of stretched out, unusable bobby pins. These seemed pricey at first, especially since only two come in the package, but they're worth every cent. One holds all of my ridiculous amount of hair reasonably well, which is astounding enough, but when I use both of them my hair could withstand a tornado. And, best of all, it takes literally seconds to put my hair up with these. They win top spot on the "things that make my day but are not of eternal-type importance" list. The next two are more of that kind of thing.
I usually don't get too terribly much into religion on my blog, but I just have to say that reading from this book is amazing. It truly does contain truths that are so plain and simple... it just makes me happy. Here's an example from one of my favorite chapters, 2 Nephi, chapter 2:11:
11 For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my first-born in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.
And from the same chapter, verse 25:
25 Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.
It just makes me feel good inside.
I've been underappreciating my husband a lot lately. I've been ornery, cantankerous, and downright awful, and he continues to love me. He does more than I do to clean, he does so much to takes care of our girls, he helps my parents, and he pretty much gives in to giving me what I want, especially if I whine about it for a very long time (another flaw I'm working on). He puts up with the fact that I have no filter between my mind and my mouth, and no one should ever have to do that. He inspires me to be healthier, then eats ice cream with me at night (which is how I like it... besides, it's just a little), tells me I'm beautiful when I'm so not the girl he married... and mostly in return I give him a bad time about everything.
I'm sorry, Will. I love you dearly and I'll try to improve. Thank you for everything you do.
Tell me, what are your top five Great Things? Comment or write a blog of your own about it!






4 comments:
Thank you Caitlyn for your 5 great things. You brought tears to my eyes. We sometimes get caught up into so many and forgot to look at the many things we have in this life.
MY 5 GREAT THINGS:(Greatest to Least)
1. My husband--you never realize how much your husband means to you until they are not here with you.
2.My Children (including daughter-in-laws and son-in-laws) I have awesome kids and I appreciate the respect and care they all give us. Wow! how can I count the ways that
I LOVE THEM!
3. My 5 grandchildren--I can explain the joy I have watching them and spending time with them. Because they are so far away--I appreciate those individuals who make their homes available (the McFarland's) so we can have that time.
4. The scriptures--I live for them. They teach how to behave, how to love, how to serve. These sacred records have become more precious to me each year.
5. The temple--this is where I become recharged for a new week. This is where my peace lies and answers to prayers. It is a learning center for my soul!
very nice!
Post a Comment