Ok, obviously I've been a blogging bum lately. I think it started when Joci was born. That's when I let my "Gamerwife" blog go (I've posted once on there since she's been born... it was about how I hadn't posted). This one was doing ok, however, until I started working.
Have I written about that?
I've started a temporary full-time job as an OGT (Ohio Graduation Test) tutor at the local high school. It's pretty cool. I like the kids, and over where we are, the administrators have been very helpful. I'm starting to get nervous, though, because the OGT starts on October 25th. I've put quite a bit of time and effort into this whole tutoring thing, and what if, when the scores come back, I find out I'm an awful teacher and all my kids failed?!
If that happens, I can tell you what the problem is: my control freakiness. I just have a problem waiting for kids to get the answer, so I explain the question in an extremely leading manner so that 99% of the time they come up with the right answer. This past week, the biggest thing I've done is try to let go of my craziness and have the kids answer questions on their own. Like I said, the test doesn't start until the 25th, and the science portion (which is the subject I'm tutoring in) isn't until the 29th, but please, all you readers, pray for my kids, keep them in your thoughts, and wish them luck!
*
As for other goings on, Chaela continues to say crazy things.
My current favorite, which has been going on for a while, is the song, "Jesus Wants Me for a Sun Bean" (supposed to be "sunbeam") which she sings several times every day.
At the doctor's office she looked the doctor square in the eye and said, "I can't get a shot today, you don't give me a shot," which is an example of how bossy she is. Luckily, she didn't need one. This time.
I've noticed she doesn't name her toys like other kids do. Thinking maybe I just hadn't noticed, tonight I asked her what her doggies' names were that she takes to bed with her.
"This is my pumpkin doggie."
"Oh, is your doggie's name Pumpkin?"
"No."
"It's name isn't Pumpkin?"
"No. This is a pumpkin doggie. And this is my 'nother pumpkin doggie. These are my one, two pumpkin doggies."
"..."
*
Joci is getting bigger, even though she's not the chunk I thought she'd be. In fact, sometimes she looks downright small to me. I don't know if that's because I've got her on one hand and Chaela on the other, but I suppose she is starting to fit into her six month stuff just about on time, so it's probably just me.
Speaking of which, she'll be six months on the 20th of October! A half a year. I can't believe it! She's rolling like a pro, but she hasn't started sitting up on her own yet. I imagine it will be before the end of the month, though, she's definitely getting closer.
I think of all of us, she's had the hardest time with me working. Not surprising, right? She's a breastfed baby, and she likes it that way. Thankfully, I've discovered that she also likes carrots and peaches, so Will has something to give her, and because of the way I set up my schedule, I'm only missing one feeding.
The problem is that she's a huge mommy's girl, so from the time I get home until the next morning, when I leave for work again, she freaks out if I'm not holding her or she can't see me. Even at night, and I'm not huge on co-sleeping, because I just can't sleep as well if there are kids in my bed. This begets a vicious cycle whose main result is me not getting enough sleep during the week EVER. So, whenever I can, I turn the weekend into one long nap.
Ha ha! Just kidding! I have two children. But wouldn't it be nice?
*
Well, I suppose that's enough blogging for now. It's long, but I guess after such a long time I had a lot to say. I'm hoping I'll start doing this more often, but I'll be honest, most of the time I'm too tired to do anything but watch TV. Good thing there's plenty in the fall lineup this year to keep me occupied.
Which reminds me, everyone, if you haven't seen The Big Bang Theory on CBS, definitely give it a try. It's pretty much the best comedy show ever. My only problem with it is that CBS is run by stupidheads who, for some reason, won't put full episodes on hulu.com or their own website. Oh, well. Check out some clips on the Hulu link, and if you like them, TBBT is on Thursdays at 8pm (Eastern) on CBS, which means you'll have to record it and watch it after Bones, the current best crime show (Bones only gets preference because it's an hour long and TBBT is a half an hour... otherwise they are equally awesome).
Melissa’s Story
6 years ago

2 comments:
Thank you for blogging again Caitlyn, I've missed you. I have only been blogging like once a week so I know how you feel sort of. School is consuming so much of my time/making my brain hurt and I don't feel like doing anything once I am out of class and done with homework!
Hi Caitlyn--The girls are getting so big and we were out there in June. How does that happen? Anyway, are you still coming to Tennessee for Thanksgiving? Tom and I are coming so I want to get Christmas gifts ready for you to take home. What are the girl's sizes. I will send Chaela's birthday though. Let me know. Give everyone hugs and kisses including my son, Will. HeHe Love Diane
Post a Comment